This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister of Worship Arts
Cranston Christian Fellowsip
Cranston, Rhode Island, United States
Date Posted: 10/04/2012
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Minister of Worship Arts
This is a vibrant, non-charistmatic New England church seeking a mature spiritual leader able to connect with the next generation.
The Minister of Worship Arts is responsible to oversee and give direction to the music and worship arts ministries of Cranston Christian Fellowship. This is a full-time paid position that includes medical and other benefits. The position includes evening and weekend activities.
• Gather, develop, organize, supervise, encourage, support, evaluate and provide pastoral ministry for leaders and workers in the area of music and the arts.
• Build and maintain quality, life-giving and redemptive relationships with ministry volunteers,.church members, and attenders.
• Embody spiritual maturity, growth, and an ever-deepening love with the Savior that gives life to his shepherding responsibilities towards the worship arts teams and congregation at large.
• Provide leadership of music and worship for each of the multiple weekend corporate worship gatherings.
• Assure that volunteer musicians are adequately prepared, that the highest possible level of musical quality is achieved, and that areas for improvement are identified and addressed.
• Develop a functioning Worship Planning Team that will craft the service order for all the worship services including all of the elements (music, arts, lighting, etc.) to be incorporated.
• Select music that connects across generations and resonates with our congregation.
• Foster the development and use of visual and dramatic arts in the worship life of the congregation.
• Oversee the scheduling of worship team instrumentalists, vocalists, and technical support.
• Identify, recruit, and audition individuals attending CCF that are musically and/or technically gifted.
• Oversee the on-going training and development of musicians and technical teams, including serving as a coach for youth ministry student band(s).
• May be given opportunities for involvement in other areas such as adult ministries, small groups, preaching, or youth ministry.
The ideal candidate will have at least:
• Substantial college-level training in vocal/instrumental performance, worship arts, music education, choral/instrumental conducting, or the equivalent.
• 2 or more years of worship arts leadership experience, in a volunteer or professional capacity, which has included managing volunteers, leading worship services, directing instrumental and vocal groups, and overseeing technical and creative aspects of a worship arts ministry for a variety of settings and styles.
• Demonstrated interest and aptitude in the serious study of Scripture and a commitment to the integration of Biblical truth into his approach to and the practice of Christian worship.
• Awareness of the challenging New England environment and a desire to see vibrant, effective churches flourish in the region.
If interested, please submit your résumé via an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org , with “Minister of Worship Arts” in the subject line. Please submit your résumé in PDF, .doc, or .docx format.