This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Coordinator of Children's Ministry
Wheatland Salem United Methodist Church
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 04/13/2012
Categories: Christian Education - Church Staff
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
The purpose of this position is to support the mission of Wheatland Salem Church: Love God. Love Others. Change the World.
This position’s primary focus is implementing the vision of the congregation to equip Christ-followers for everyday service that has a long-term impact. To that end, this position provides leadership for children’s ministry volunteers and the discipleship journey of children from birth to 5th grade at both campuses.
Full Time (40 Hours)
Includes Sundays (mornings to early afternoon) on a regular basis as well as some Saturday hours related to children’s programming and/or all-church events.
Sr. Pastor and Leadership Team
Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC)
* Committed growing Christian with a servant’s heart
* Person of high integrity, confidentiality, and patience
* Excellent relational and communications skills
* Creative, adaptable, flexible, and teachable
* Gracious, helpful and accessible in working with visitors and staff
* Able to envision, initiate, and manage multiple projects, timelines, constituencies, and outcomes.
* Targets and achieves results, overcomes obstacles, accepts responsibility, establishes standards and responsibilities, creates a results-oriented environment, and follows through on actions.
* Communicates well both verbally and in writing. Effectively conveys and shares information and ideas with others. Listens carefully and understands various viewpoints. Presents ideas clearly and concisely and understands relevant detail in presented information.
* Generates novel ideas and develops or improves existing and new systems that challenge the status quo, takes risks, and encourages innovation.
* Possesses the ability to define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions consistent with fulfillment of church mission and consistent with the church's ministry process.
* Effectively and productively engages with others and establishes trust, credibility, and confidence with others.
* Motivates, empowers, inspires, collaborates with, and encourages others. Develops a culture of cultivating people (both staff and volunteers). Builds consensus when appropriate. Focuses team members on common goals.
* Knows when and how to attract, develop, reward and utilize teams to optimize results. Acts to build trust, inspire enthusiasm, encourage others, and help resolve conflicts and develop consensus in creating high-performance teams.
* Demonstrates strong technical/functional proficiencies and knowledge in areas of expertise. Consistently does the right thing by performing with reliability.
* Participates effectively in the ministry leadership team.
* Identify, recruit, equip, support, and supervise children’s ministry leaders.
* Supervise Childcare Supervisor and any other staff related to children’s ministry.
* Provides initiative in planning, coordinating, staffing, implementing, supporting, evaluating, and improving ongoing
*Children’s ministry programs and the development of new Children’s ministry initiatives. Examples of ongoing ministry program areas include, but are not limited to:
o Sunday School
o JAM (Mid-week program)
o Kid’s Church (Weekly)
o YUC (Monthly event for 4th & 5th graders)
o 3rd Grade Bible Adventure
o Kids’ Club (Vacation Bible School)
o Sports Camp (One-week Summer Camp)
o Respite Nights (Special Needs Childcare 2 – 3/year)
* Collaborate with Student and Adult Ministries to address the needs of youth and their parents and ensure a well coordinated and effective transition for children into the student ministry program.
* Collaborate with Student Ministries the facilitation of Special Friends ministry offering one-on-one assistance for children with special needs to allow for participation in children’s programs.
* Ensure the adherence to the Safe Sanctuaries Policy by Children’s Ministry.
Manage the fiscal tracking of expenditures, resource distribution (books, DVD’s, etc), program registrations and program advertising in a collaborative manner with the rest of the staff.
* Able to work collaboratively, supportively, and effectively
* Good communication skills
* Intermediate computer skills: Excel, Word, Publisher, ability to learn church-wide database
* Ability to address leaders needs in a timely, accurate and positive manner.
* Ability to attend weeknight and weekend events
* A heart for helping families grow in their relationship with Christ at home
* Creative, adaptable, flexible and teachable
* Experience in leadership of children
* Ability to supervise children’s ministry staff and volunteers
* Relevant college degree, ministry training or equivalent experience
Other duties may be assigned by the Senior Pastor