This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Faith Community Church
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin, United States
Date Posted: 07/07/2012
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Worship Pastor Profile
At Faith Community Church, leading worship is about leading people into the presence of Jesus. It is about calling other believers to spiritual renewal and inspiring them to continue their worship beyond Sunday morning.
Worship Pastor – General Role Description
Corporate Worship Leadership and Planning:
• Team with the Senior Pastor to plan corporate worship by choosing music, Scripture, and other creative elements that will help facilitate spiritually engaging and God-exalting worship experiences.
• Personally lead and participate in worship services.
• Oversee and coordinate worship teams, praise bands, the Technical Ministry team, as well as all other elements necessary for the production of corporate worship events.
• Identify, train and utilize quality leadership from the congregation in worship.
• Organize and oversee soloists, ensembles, choirs and other types of music in corporate worship.
• Use the musical talents of Faith Community Church as an outreach tool.
Shepherding and Leading
• The position is a pastoral position and therefore requires that the individual be able to serve not solely as the worship leader, but also as a shepherd of the hearts and spirits of all who serve in worship ministries.
• The Worship Pastor will not only be concerned for musical excellence to God’s glory, but will realize that God looks first at the heart, and will seek to develop his team as a group of authentic worshippers themselves before they seek to lead others in worship.
• The Worship Pastor will also share the pastoral tasks, as needed, such as teaching, counseling, etc., as part of the leadership team.
• The Worship Pastor will report directly to the Senior Pastor and work with and in mutual submission to the Elder Board.
• The Worship Pastor will also serve as a pastoral partner with the church leadership, participating in overall ministry planning, as well as other tasks in keeping with his gifts and passions.
Character: The Worship Pastor must meet the Biblical qualifications for an Elder/Pastor as listed in 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5.
• First and foremost, he will profess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and demonstrate the fruit of a Spirit controlled life.
• He will be a man who consistently displays godly character and leadership demonstrated in his interaction with the congregation, in his relationships with the pastoral team/staff and at home. He must be willing to acknowledge personal weaknesses; demonstrating humility by a desire for continued personal growth.
• He will teach and lead the congregation in worship by example as a true, authentic worshipper himself. His inner spiritual life reflected in a lifestyle of worship will be his primary qualification to lead his team and the congregation as a whole.
• He will be a godly, servant leader with strong biblical and theological understanding who, as a good manager and communicator, can contribute to the church’s larger mission beyond his specific worship ministry. He will have skill and experience as a team builder who will mentor and empower others to grow.
• He will be a man who loves and enjoys people. He will exhibit a shepherd’s heart in his concern for and interest in the congregation.
• Ability to lead people into worship.
• Strong vocal skills.
• Experience with or oversight of musicians, ensemble, worship teams, choir and drama.
• Understanding of and ability to explain musical theory as it applies to worship environments.
• Proficiency with guitar and/or piano.
• Knowledge of audio systems and related technical operations.
Doctrinal Beliefs: Believe, affirm and accept the doctrinal statement of Faith Community Church.
Education and Experience:
• A Bachelors level degree in music or a related field is preferred.
• Experience leading worship that transcends modern, contemporary and traditional genres.
Please email digital copy of resume to: email@example.com
Subject: Worship Pastor Resume
Or mail hard copy of resume to: Search Committee
Faith Community Church
W5949 Hackbarth Road
Fort Atkinson, WI 53538