This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
High School Pastor
Calvary Fellowship Church
Downingtown, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 04/06/2012
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
To provide dynamic vision, energetic leadership, clear direction, biblical teaching, love for saved and unsaved youth students, and programmatic elements that facilitate the spiritual growth of students in the High School ministry ( 9th through 12the grades) in accordance with the vision, mission and doctrine for Calvary Fellowship Church. To Serve the Lord and His church in such a manner that promotes and causes exponential growth and maturity.
1. Design and build a program that reaches lost students and matures them in their walk with God.
2. Develop and communicate the vision, strategic plan and assessment of the High School ministry.
3. Provide leadership and direction for High School ministry in conjunction with other age group ministries
4. Teach God’s Word in a relevant fashion.
5. Build relationships with students by going where they are.
6. Recruit, coach, train and encourage an adult team of leaders to connect with students.
7. Develop and coach a student leadership team
8. Give wise counsel to parents and students.
9. Work with the Middle School ministry to transition 8th graders into HS.
10. Conduct regular and consistent communication with parents and students.
11. Plan and conduct regular staff meetings with agenda published in advance.
12. Advanced planning to include yearly teaching curriculum, Sunday and Wednesday evening program elements, outreach events, service projects, etc.
13. Develop strong relationships with staff and youth, creating a growing, vibrant ministry.
14. Develop and execute an annual Ministry Plan and Ministry Budget that is directly tied to the vision and fully supports the spiritual development of CFC youth.
15. Look for opportunities to partner with other youth ministries to jointly minister to the community of youth in our area
1. A clear testimony of salvation and ongoing spiritual growth.
2. 4 year Bible school or Seminary degree with a focus on youth ministry.
3. 2-4 years experience in youth ministry is preferred.
4. Experience in leading a large youth ministry (100+ students).
5. Experience in a seeker-sensitive model church.
6. Full agreement with CFC’s doctrinal statements, mission, and vision.
DESIRABLE GIFTS, QUALITIES, SKILLS, AND/OR PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
6. Team Builder/Team Player
7. Passion for Youth
8. Passion for the Lord and local church
9. Good reputation
10. Strong Family Ties
11. Compassionate, relational, approachable