This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Liberty Baptist Church
Hampton, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 05/18/2012
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
The Accounting Director will organize, lead and manage the daily activities of Liberty’s Accounting team and ensure internal controls are in place and working properly. This role will also consistently review, analyze and enhance internal processes as well as utilize and introduce cost-effective technologies to enhance and streamline ministry operations.
- Financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting.
- Setting up and managing accounting systems, including profit and cost centers.
- Hands on management of the general ledger, including month-end closings, financial statement preparation and account reconciliation.
- Oversee accounts payable, payroll, and contributions functions.
- Formulate, recommend and implement sound fiscal policies, procedures and controls, including the oversight of internal control.
- Serve as liaison to external auditors.
- Supervision of accounting staff.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Maturity of Christian character and gifts of discernment.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, required.
- CPA preferred, not required.
- 2 – 5 years relevant experience.
- Strong financial analysis skills, required.
- Strong MS Excel skills, required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong work ethic.