This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Pastor of Youth and Family
Trinity Evangelical Free Church of Ludington
Ludington, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 04/03/2012
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Full-Time
Trinity Evangelical Free Church is seeking an Associate Pastor to develop and lead youth and children ministries, with an emphasis on partnering with parents. We are looking for the person God has chosen to lead our Family Ministry Team into the next chapter of our church’s history. At present we are using the Orange Curriculum as a tool to reach youth and their families.
Located in Ludington near the shore of Lake Michigan, Trinity is a growing church with a new young pastor and a big vision to establish a multiplying ministry to grow the kingdom of God. We believe the church is God’s chosen vehicle for assisting the lost people of the world to become Christ’s kingdom people in order to magnify God’s name.
• Build and lead the Family Ministry Team—Build relationships with volunteers and the TEFC family. Recruit and volunteers to grow a Gospel-centered ministry. Provide leadership for ministry teams. Develop educational opportunities for teachers.
• Connect with and disciple students—Build relationships with students in the church and in the community. Work to provide students from non-Christian families with a spiritual family. Identify potential student leaders to develop and equip for ministry. Create an effective discipleship process.
• Motivate and equip parents to disciple their children—Build relationships with parents in the church and in the community. Excite parents about their Kingdom potential. Give parents tools and training to effectively guide spiritual development. Communicate ministry goals and plans to parents.
• Strategize and work for Kingdom growth—Work to expand current ministries by gathering the unchurched into the community, life, and ministry of the church. Evangelize non-Christians and promote relational evangelism.
• Integrate Family Ministry into the life of the congregation—Work with the Senior Pastor and Elder Board in aligning church ministries toward a more cohesive, unified ministry approach. Communicate the vision of Family Ministry.
• Has a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ demonstrated by love for God, love for others, and devotion to prayer and spiritual disciplines.
• Believes in the power and authority of the Word of God.
• Models the godly character required of leaders of God’s people.
• Is called by God into pastoral ministry with a special concern for the spiritual lives of youth and their families, with sufficient experience to confirm spiritual gifts, skills, and character.
• Exhibits the spiritual gift of teaching, with strong communication and relational skills.
• Values relationships as a vehicle for spiritual growth and is committed to working as part of a team.
• Is committed to Christ’s Church and its local expression.
• Understands and passionately agrees with our mission and Statement of Faith.
• Is able to develop and implement a ministry strategy aligned with our mission.
• Is disciplined, self-motivated, ready to take action, and moved by bold faith.
• Is administratively capable and able to identify, recruit, train, and oversee others.
Interested applicants should send a resume via email or mail.
We believe in a God who does exceedingly and abundantly above all that we could ask or think. We hope you do, too. Whether or not our paths cross, we hope that God will continue to work in you, on you, and through you for His glory.
Associate Pastor Search Committee
Trinity Evangelical Free Church
1212 Monona Drive, Ludington, MI 49431