This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister of Youth and Young Adults
St. Luke Missionary Baptist Church
Humble, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 04/02/2012
Categories: Young Adult Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
The Minister of Youth and Young Adults at The Luke seeks to encourage youth to love Christ, the church, and its vision through spiritual development, mentoring, education, service opportunities and social events. The primary aim is to implement the Luke Way for Youth which is Experience, Connect, Grow, Serve, and Go.
The Minister of Youth and Young Adults should have a heart for knowing God personally, for following Christ as a servant, and for keeping in step with the Spirit. He should have a burden to see The Luke fulfill God’s plan as it continues to expand and minister in the Humble and Houston area. As a leader and example to the congregation, the Minister should live a life of integrity in growing conformity to the standards of spiritual leadership set forth in Scripture (I Timothy 3:1-7).
The Minister of Youth and Young Adults should have the calling, gifts, vocational experience, and educational background necessary to: 1) Lead and equip the people in a ministry to youth, 2) develop and implement a strategy to accomplish the vision for the programs, 3) be able to develop and prepare a volunteer ministry team, 4) possess strong verbal and written skills, and 5) a solid theological background including familiarity with Scripture and themes of the Bible, an ability to explain and defend core doctrines of the Christian faith.
• Recruit, train and organize adult, college age and youth volunteer leaders to help with youth ministry (i.e. lead Bible studies, plan social or service activities, provide transportation or food, attend the various youth group events and involve themselves more actively in the lives of the students) by conducting special training projects for youth worker, leadership meetings and training with youth leaders.
• Ensure that all programs and ministries in help fulfill our mission to help kids grow toward spiritual maturity.
• Develop weekly middle school and high school activities and worship services.
• Develop and evaluate programs and ministries for the junior high and high school groups in conjunction with the ministry leaders. These should minimally include: weekly Bible studies, monthly fellowship/social events, annual weekend youth retreat, and summer activities and special events for youth, i.e. youth revival, quarterly praise night, holiday celebrations.
• Develop and evaluate programs and ministries for young adult groups in conjunction with the ministry leaders.
• Encourage the integration of youth into the life of the church through use and development of their gifts and by connecting them with worship, service, outreach and fellowship and counsel with church youth ministry leaders in planning, conducting and evaluating youth education ministry and in enlisting appropriate youth workers.
• Investigate and inform parents and youth about opportunities for youth to attend camps, conventions, and summer mission projects and provide parents with regular opportunities to share concerns, to offer suggestions, or to inform you about specific needs of their children.
• Facilitate effective communication through newsletters, the church web page, personal contacts, bulletin announcements, a calendar of youth events, reports (as requested), the youth bulletin board, etc.
• Coordinate youth ministry schedules so that events do not overlap and supply other ministry leader’s necessary information to coordinate building use and ministry goals.
• Prepare and develop an annual youth budget in consultation with the Church Business Administrator.
• Keep Senior Pastor informed of any family/youth concerns.
The Minister of Youth and Young Adults is primarily responsible to the Senior Pastor.
If you or someone you know is interested email cover letter and resume:
Subject: Minister of Youth Vacancy Email: firstname.lastname@example.org