This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister of Worship and Arts
St. Luke Missionary Baptist Church
Humble, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 04/02/2012
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
The Minister of Worship and Arts is to support the Senior Pastor by providing leadership to all ministries associated with department in order to present an authentic worship experience by setting the atmosphere as the congregation prepares their minds for the word of God.
The Minister of Worship and Arts must be a worshipper and demonstrate a lifestyle committed to gaining exposure in all genres of worship, must demonstrate the ability to clearly embrace the style of worship expected, willing to gain exposure from various resources, interpret the Senior Pastor’s vision and integrate it into the worship experience. Minister must be a self-motivated person who is able to be effective when working independently without supervision and produce results, must possess a gentle and humble spirit and be willing to grow and be taught, should be energized by leading others and seeing them succeed, self-discipline regarding personal time usage, and spiritual, physical and emotional health. It is important that this person possess a combination of administrative and leadership skills. Of utmost importance is a heart that is “wired for people” and thrives on nurturing and developing others.
A bachelor's degree; a minimum of five years of experience leading or directing worship, excellent strategic planning, verbal and written communication, motivation, media research, event planning and creativity; proven ability to meet deadlines, develop and implement program policies and procedures, and manage changing and conflicting priorities; outstanding leadership, and supervisory; A Christian in full agreement with St. Luke Missionary Baptist Church’s statement of faith; willingness and ability to serve Christ and His church; spiritually mature.
WORSHIP EXPERIENCE DUTIES
* Lead congregation into corporate worship experience
* Organizing and overseeing the entire worship department
* Oversee and organize all Music and Arts for all worship experiences and special services (weddings, funerals, etc.)
* Plan, oversee, and evaluate all special worship related events
* Conduct extensive rehearsals for all worship related ministries
* Be able to sing, play or teach worship areas
* Be able to plan and manage the church calendar for worship related activities
* Teach appropriate music which will flow with the theme of worship services and the season of the ministry
* Organizing and maintaining music library for the music department
* Provide weekly script for the worship experiences
FACILITATION OF MINISTRIES
* Supervise all worship paid and volunteer staff
* Develop creative, effective, and efficient ministries
* Recruit, nurture, and train all Ministry Workers
* Conduct monthly Worship and Arts ministry meetings with all Team Leaders
* Organize and oversee Worship and Arts Core Team which assists in developing strategies for excellence throughout the entire Worship and Arts Ministry
* Work with assigned ministries to develop cohesive strategies
* Provide training, seminars and other developmental programs to enhance leadership
* Facilitate Worship Ministries through the following channels:
All choirs and praise teams
Expression and Arts Teams (dance, mime, step, drama, etc.)
The Minister of Worship and Arts is primarily responsible to the Senior Pastor.
If you or someone you know is interested email cover letter and resume:
Subject: Minister of Worship Arts Vacancy Email: email@example.com