This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor/Director of Children and Family Ministries
Church of the Open Door
York, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 06/04/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor - Family Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Church of the Open Door (COD) is seeking an experienced individual to oversee and develop a growing ministry of 250+ children, birth through sixth grade. We are looking for someone to be a godly leader of excellent character, great competence and have a passion for leading children's ministry in South Central Pennsylvania. COD is an exciting place to be and will give you the opportunity to serve the families of COD for the glory of God and the good of His church. A few additional items we are especially interested in include someone who...
1. is able to work with parents and their children including the ability to communicate the Word of God in a profitable way for both groups.
2. has some life experience upon which to draw wisdom and knowledge for this ministry.
3. is equipped with administrative skills and ability as this is a large ministry wtih much to manage.
4. personifies the shepherding heart of God and able to be a "pastor" to our families.
5. is able to influence and lead people in the ministry.
6. can formulate and cast a vision for a vibrant ministry which will complement the other ministries of COD.
7. has the ability to provide wisdom in counseling situations preferably with some training in this area to help families navigate some difficult situations.
8. is able to be flexible with the ability to jump in and lead where needed for an effective ministry.
A more detailed and complete job description is available on our website at www.codyork.org. This ministry position comes with a strong team approach including 5 pastors already on staff who will minister with you as we continue to reach people in the greater York area and around the world. Take some time to pray about this, then give us a call. We look forward to hearing from you.