This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Ocean View Church
San Diego, California, United States
Date Posted: 03/29/2012
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
OCEAN VIEW CHURCH/ACADEMY Preschool-12th
The OVC Multi-Media Director reports directly to the Executive Pastor and is primarily responsible for the production of all creative materials. Assists in all visual planning ensuring excellent standards are met.
PROJECTS (May include but are not limited to the following)
40% Print Design, 40% Web Design/Maintenance; 20% Photography, Video, Motion Graphics (depending on ability)
Brochures, web graphics, ministry books, logos, rave cards, posters, promotions, 3-D displays, banners, signage, multimedia graphic support.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Conceptualize and create multi-media design; production and schedule management; implement and ensure consistency in church/school branding as well as ministry communications; motion graphics sermon bumps; video shooting/editing; photography; oversee in-house printing, trimming, folding, and binding services
• Meets with ministry directors to consider and evaluate project needs and objectives
• Develop multiple comprehensives for review and approval
• Communicate and direct design activities during project development through completion
• Manage multiple project workflow while meeting deadlines
General administrative duties: Phone calls, email, organization, image archive management, etc…
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND/OR MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• A Bachelor's degree and/or related experience, in a design studio, on a media team, an ad agency, or an in-house marketing department.
• Broad understanding Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator), Pro Presenter and Motion Graphic Applications
• Intermediate understanding of other Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook), Abode Acrobat
Should have strong presentation and project management skills, including :
- Ability to work closely with team to manage projects and meet deadlines
- Works well under pressure, handling several projects simultaneously with personal care and professionalism
- Confidence and know-how to manage projects independently
- Strong organizational skills
- Exemplary interpersonal skills
- Outstanding communication skills and a cooperative attitude in a team environment
- Able to develop strong working relationships with internal peers and ministry partners
- Strong typography skills, composition skills and color sense