This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Youth Ministry Director
Faith Life Center
Ontario, Any State, United States
Date Posted: 03/28/2012
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
POSITION: A full-time salaried position, based upon the growing needs of youth and outreach ministries. This position is to focus 3/4 time on youth, and 1/4 time on outreach and will report to the Executive Director.
• Maintains a growing relationship with God through personal Bible study and prayer.
• Seeks opportunities to improve skills to grow in the pertinent fields of ministry.
• Participates in the life of the church, including corporate worship and major church activities.
• Assists in development and oversight of the pertinent ministry budgets.
• Meets weekly with EOF Staff and is a team player in serving the church body.
• Collaborates with area pastors on a regular basis for encouragement, support and idea sharing.
• Accepts occasional pastoral duties assigned by the Executive Director as need arises.
• Holds membership in the church.
• Provides spiritual direction and a safe, secure environment for the youth.
• Develops relationships with high school and middle school students within EOF's youth ministry.
• Fosters relationships with youth in the community to fulfill the vision of EOF.
• Recruits, equips and works with volunteers and student leaders to develop teams that can meet the goals for building & maintaining healthy Christ-focused ministries.
• Consistently provides engaging activities for youth that build authentic community, encourages discipleship, and equips students for evangelism, outreach and service within EOF, our community, and our world.
• Oversees relevant, Bible-based teaching for Sunday morning, mid-week youth ministries and other youth activities.
• Builds relationships and maintains consistent communication with parents of youth and volunteer staff.
• Educates parents on both spiritual and cultural issues facing youth.
• Researches and cultivates outreach partnerships in the Inland Empire.
• Mobilizes believers through those partnerships in order to help create and implement effective, long-term evangelistic and outreach strategy.
• Researches and cultivates global outreach partnerships and champions short-term missions opportunities for adults, youth and children.
• Gives and receives input and encouragement with pertinent staff and ministry leaders in their areas of responsibility.
• Mobilizes, educates and equips adults and youth for effectively helping people take one step closer to Christ and a fruitful life in the church.
• Is a mature and growing Christian leader with good moral character and integrity, as set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
• Senses a clear call to youth ministry and love for the church.
• Has good organizational and administrative skills.
• Is adept in written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Has a strong knowledge of God’s Word with the ability to teach in a way that is creative and relevant.
• Has proven ability to recruit and build teams, including the development of adult and youth lay leaders.
• Has proven ability to develop and implement strategy and is self motivated.
• Understands adolescent development and current youth culture trends.
• Understands how to mobilize other believers around the call of the Great Commission (prior local/global outreach experience required).
• Has a minimum of 5 years experience in youth ministry or related field.
• Passes state and federal fingerprint clearance and background checks.