This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children’s Ministry Director
Murrieta, California, United States
Date Posted: 03/27/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Free Methodist
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Centerpoint Church Children’s Ministry Director
Are you the one?
Do you love to see kids love church? Do you love to see kids discover the love of Jesus Christ? Do you love to see kids’ lives changed through knowing Him and being part of a great church family? Do you love leading a team to create an atmosphere of faith and fun for kids in a powerful, dynamic KidsCity children’s ministry each week? Do you love recruiting, building, training and empowering a team of God’s people to carry out the fun of Children’s ministry? If so, then we need to talk!
Centerpoint Church is a growing, dynamic church in Southern California. Our mission is to love and lead people to a life-changing connection with Christ. Our church started in 1989 as the Lamb’s Fellowship, and has grown to more than 1500 in weekly attendance. We have recently changed our name and opened our new worship center. Our church is team-led, culturally relevant, and we embrace both an attractional and missional strategy. We lean to the charismatic end of the spectrum, but we are not full-tilt Pentecostal. We just want people to truly encounter the presence of God in our gatherings.
We’re looking for a natural born leader who is a kid at heart with a heart for kids – and those that will serve them! If that’s you, keep reading!
We’re looking for someone:
• Who has a minimum of 5 years experience working in Children’s Ministry
• Who has a passion to see the local church have an exciting, engaging, fun children’s ministry program each and every week
• With at least 2 years of experience as the point leader or director in a church of 1,000 or more, or as #2 or assistant director in a church of 2,500 or more
• With experience and demonstrated track record in leading 100+ volunteers
• Knowledgeable and experienced in the needs of children and their development and willing to stay current in this area
• Who is a leader of leaders
• Gifted with amazing interpersonal and connecting skills (i.e. able to work well with staff, volunteers, parents and of course with kids)
• Experienced in volunteer management and in working with people of various ages
• Well-organized and possess great administration skills (i.e. proven ability to handle the day-to-day organization of the ministry, long range planning skills and experience handling a budget, and writing reports and proposals)
• Who is a strong team player
• Who is a creative risk-taker
• Extremely adept at managing your time
• Able to communicate exceptionally well, both verbally and in writing
• Proficient in all Microsoft applications and have an understanding of basic office equipment
• So passionate about the ministry that you don't mind working weekends
You will be:
• Creating, organizing and overseeing weekly and special events for Nursery through Grade 6 kids which includes helping to facilitate connection and spiritual growth opportunities with the creative use of multimedia, music, teaching and drama resources
• Recruiting, training and leading teams of volunteers
• Leading with vision and passion
• Required to work at all weekend worship experiences
• Developing an annual strategy for the Children’s Ministry
• Serving as an active and contributing member of the Pastors Team
This is a full time role, and the position will require you to live in the Murrieta, CA area. For the right candidate, we could probably help you get here. The range for the position is $39,000-$55,000, depending on qualifications and experience.
If you're convinced you're the right person for the job, send us your cover letter and resume and convince us!