This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Pastor of Youth and Family Ministries
Panama United Methodist Church
Panama, New York, United States
Date Posted: 03/27/2012
Categories: Associate Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: Not Applicable
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Associate Pastor of Youth and Family Ministry
Supervision: Senior Pastor and Staff/Parish Relations Team
Educational Requirement: Bachelor Degree in related field. Theological training preferred.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Position Summary: To be directly responsible for Christ-centered “hands on” youth and family ministry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Live out and model the mission statement of the Panama United Methodist Church (PUMC). “We seek to love the Lord God by introducing people to His Son Jesus Christ and helping these relationships to grow.”
2. Develop appropriate means to reach out to youth in our communities.
3. Coordinate the PUMC Christian Education program so that it builds upon the youth and family ministry.
4. Plan, organize and lead Youth meetings including Bible lessons.
5. Organize and supervise creative spiritual development such as retreats, service projects, District and Conference events, etc.
6. Recruit and train volunteers to be regularly involved in various aspects of youth ministry.
7. Develop youth leadership and encourage and help develop ministry by the youth to others in the form of mission projects, etc.
8. Oversee an annual Sunday youth worship service.
9. Plan Christ-centered programs for youth and families that would include:
a. Regular worship
b. Teaching/Biblical education
c. Small Groups
10. Develop an adult- and family-centered discipleship and outreach ministry.
a. Small Groups
b. Family fellowship
c. Family outreach to the community
d. Family dynamics, parenting and marriage issues
11. Develop and coordinate a ministry for the intentional assimilation of families into the life of PUMC.
12. Participate at Church Council and Christian Education meetings.
13. Attend worship at PUMC
14. Keep Senior Pastor updated on all activities on a weekly basis.
15. Write a monthly newsletter article.
16. Maintain First Aid/CPR certification.
17. Develop and maintain an annual spending plan for youth and family ministries.
18. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit a resume with cover letter to PUMC, via email, firstname.lastname@example.org or via USPS to:
Panama United Methodist Church, 22 East Main Street, Panama, NY 14767.
Deadline for application is May 1, 2012.