This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Assistant Pastor of Young Adults and Youth
First Congregational Church
Traverse City, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 03/27/2012
Categories: Young Adult Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
First Congregational Church (a non-denominational congregation) in Traverse City, Michigan is seeking a full-time salaried Assistant Pastor to minister to the needs of Young Adults and Youth. FCC is in the process of expanding its ministry to more fully meet the needs of these two groups. The Assistant Pastor of Young Adults and Youth will enhance and nurture creative, visionary, and authentic young adult and youth communities that are invited to love God and live genuine Christian lives. The focus will be on young adults between the ages of 18-35 including singles, single parents, and young marrieds; and on youth between the ages of 11-18, including middle school and senior high students.
The Assistant Pastor of Young Adults and Youth will interact and develop a meaningful relationship with the church staff. This will include fully supporting and participating in church-wide programs in conjunction with the staff. Ability and aptitude in leadership and planning of contemporary worship is also desired, but not required.
• Active ministry in a paid staff position with a thriving congregation for a minimum of 5 years is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience with youth, college-aged, young singles, and young marrieds, including an understanding of the post-modern culture and how to reach this culture through ministry.
• Demonstrated strong commitment to outreach and evangelism.
• Bachelor Degree in Ministry or related discipline; Masters Degree and Ordination preferred.
• A personal belief system that is biblical and consistent with the Core Values and Statement of Faith of FCC.
• A heart for God and a lifestyle that is godly, but non-judgmental with the ability to establish quality friendships with both Christ-followers and seekers.
• Energetic, dynamic, and creative personality with a passion for excellence.
• Married, with proven ability to balance ministry and family responsibilities. Spouse needs to have a demonstrated commitment to Christ and ministry, and be supportive of long-term ministry in the Grand Traverse area.
• Strong ability to mentor in a positive way that brings out the best potential in a person.
• Exceptional listening skills that communicate understanding.
• A personal spiritual development plan, reserving time for daily study, meditation, and prayer.
• Ability to worship wholeheartedly in both contemporary and liturgical styles of worship.
• Establish a vibrant and nurturing community of young adults; facilitating spiritual growth and commitment to Christ.
• Establish a vibrant and nurturing community of youth; facilitating spiritual growth and commitment to Christ.
• Build a network of lay leaders to facilitate the building and expanding of the Young Adult and Youth Ministries.
• Establish ministry models to meet the unique needs and calling of the 18-35 age group and the 11-18 age group.
• Plan and execute outreach and evangelism ministries to young adults and youth in the community.
• Be a missional leader intentionally building off-site relationships with unchurched people in the community.
• Work to facilitate the transition of elementary children into the middle school ministry, middle school youth into the senior high ministry, and senior high youth into the young adult ministry.
• Provide biblical teaching, mentoring, and guidance to individuals, groups, and gatherings.
• Share in the pulpit preaching duties of the church as needed.