This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Preschool Team Leader
Greenwood Community Church
Greenwood Village, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 03/27/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor - Christian Education
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Part-Time
With a committed relationship to Jesus Christ, the Preschool Team Leader will partner with Children's MInistry Staff to develop the strategy and volunteer team to care for children three years of age through kindergarten and their parents. Their primary purpose will be to develop and execute a creative and innovative relational environment with children and parents in order to help them make faith real to their lives.
Guiding Relational Principles:
1. Diligent in his/her own personal relationship with Jesus so that Jesus becomes more and more the one true guide of his/her life.
2. Disciplined in his/her relationship with his family, friends and neighbors so that his/her life is marked by moral integrity and accountability.
3. Mature in his/her relationships with the staff and elders so that he recognizes his/her role and influence as part of the team.
4. Family-focused in his/her relationships at GCC so that parents are equipped and empowered to lead their children to follow Jesus for a lifetime.
1. Model appropriate child-adult interactions. At ease with children of all ages infants through fifth grade.
2. Develop motivated and engaged adult and youth team members to create warm, welcoming and relational experiences for preschoolers and their parents.
3. Recruit, schedule and equip preschool team members for Kid’s Classes on Sunday.
4. Review, select and oversee month to month execution of preschool curriculum which includes partnering with Resource Coordinator for shopping and assembly needs.
5. Direct all aspects of the preschool hall including coaching of volunteers, child drop off/pick up, parent interactions, child discipline, Preschool Theatre and classrooms.
6. Responsible for maintaining preschool hall environment including set up and tear down of Preschool classrooms.
7. Ensure compliance with child safety policies and procedures that protect children and team members in the preschool area.
8. Intentionally and regularly train and coach the preschool team in developmentally appropriate teaching techniques and safety procedures.
• College degree and/or experience in church ministries.
• Prefer a minimum of 3-4 years experience building ministry teams to serve children.
• Need experience and ability to develop a relational and engaging ministry environment for preschool children and their parents.
• Excellent team-builder.
• Organized self-starter who initiates ministry and is results/outcomes oriented in their thinking.
• Ability to take care of self through personal nurture and spiritual formation.
• Healthy and mature view of boundaries with people/ministry.
• Leadership gifts in: building people, building team, communication and training.
Main relational involvements:
• Direct supervisor: Pastor of Children’s Ministries
• Meets regularly with Children’s Ministry staff.
• Participates in staff meetings, retreats and reviews.
This position is 20 hours a week. One Sunday off a month, flexible week day hours. For consideration submit a resume and cover letter to KNapolitano@GreenwoodCC.com