This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Calvary Baptist Church
Lawton, Oklahoma, United States
Date Posted: 07/17/2012
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Full-Time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Spiritual Qualifications Be a maturing follower of Christ with a significant heart for soul-winning and fully support the philosophy of Calvary Baptist Church. This individual’s commitment to Christ will be evidenced in his personal life, family relationships and ministry. His daily walk with God will be an example to all with whom he interacts Be called by God to serve in the worship ministry Agree with the 2001 Baptist Faith and Message
B. Education and/or Experience Bachelor’s degree from a Baptist university or seminary and/or a minimum of two years experience as a worship leader
C. Language Skills Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business documents Ability to deal with problems efficiently and effectively while maintaining good relationships Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from choir, musicians, staff or congregation
D. Reasoning Ability Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
E. Other Skills and Abilities Must be computer literate, familiar with music programs and able to use modern technology to enhance worship and the ability to incorporate new technology as needed Instrumental proficiency in keyboard or guitar is preferred Creative arts, lighting, and sound experience a definite plus Must be able to work efficiently and effectively in team situations as well as independently Must possess solid time management skills and organizational abilities. The ability to coordinate several activities at once and to quickly analyze and resolve specific problems is important Must be knowledgeable of and able to lead both traditional and contemporary church music Must be able to read music Must have a strong pulpit presence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
They include, but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Serve as worship leader for all scheduled services as required
2. Direct in the planning, organizing, conducting, and evaluating of a comprehensive church music program which includes choirs, vocal and/or instrumental ensembles, soloist, special music events, and drama when applicable.
3. Supervise the work and work schedule of paid and volunteer music staff and workers.
4. Lead in planning and promoting graded choir programs; and, working with those graded choir workers to develop their programs and to participate in various local, associational, and state music events.
5. Lead in planning and designing all services of worship and praise; and, upon request, all other special events which would require assistance from the church music ministry (i.e., weddings, funerals, special projects, revivals, and any other church-related activity)
6. Plan, organize, and promote any scheduled and approved choir tour, mission trip, camp, festival, workshop, clinic, or program which will improve, enhance, and generally build upon the existing church music program and organization.
7. Supervise the maintenance and care of the church music library, materials, supplies, musical instruments, and various pieces of audio-visual equipment which are used in the ministry of church music and worship.
8. Keep informed on current church music methods, materials, promotions, and administration.
RESUMES ACCEPTED THRU September 1, 2012. Please provide a web link with video(s) of leading worship, if available.