This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children/Youth Ministry
Canton, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 03/26/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor - Young Adult Pastor
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Part-Time
DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN AND YOUTH MINISTRIES
ABOUT CROSSWINDS: An authentic community on mission to ignite growing personal relationships with Jesus Christ.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Lead, oversee, direct and spiritually guide our children and youth ministry teams to create heartfelt worship, relevant teaching and meaningful mission experiences while growing our authentic church community.
• Report to Lead Pastor and work to achieve annual growth goals.
• Partner with children and youth ministry team leaders to organize and execute successful children and youth ministries.
• Recruit, train and coach ministry leaders and workers for children’s and youth ministry teams.
• Select curriculum and resources that are grounded biblically and effectively help form young Christ Followers.
• Work in cooperation with our Ministry Administrator to develop a solid plan for assimilation and follow up with our children/youth.
• Collaborate with ministry teams to present the Good News of Jesus to our children/youth in a creative and compelling way, giving them a chance to embrace Jesus as Savior and Leader.
• Coordinate opportunities for children/youth to engage in local outreach and community service with our Outreach Team.
• Design with our Lead Pastor, creative team, praise and worship team quarterly Family Worship Services.
• Develop with our Lead Pastor an annual youth membership class.
• Provide our church families with children and family devotional guidance and resources.
• Personal sense of calling from God to work with children/youth
• College degree strongly desired (preferably a degree with youth, children, ministry, etc.)
• Experience working with children/youth
• Leadership, organizational and interpersonal communication skills
• Part-time - 24 hours per week
• Flexibility in the work schedule, some schedule consistency required
• Manage 40 volunteers who coordinate activities for approximately 55 children/youth where average church attendance is nearly 200 people on Sunday mornings
RESUMES SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL TO THE ATTENTION OF:
• Jon Beyer, Pastor Crosswinds Church, Canton, MI - email@example.com