This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Membership Database Coordinator
Spring, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 03/23/2012
Categories: Business/Administration - Non-ministry Jobs
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
Title: Membership Database Coordinator
Recruited By: IT Ministry
Staff Grade: Administrative Staff
Accountability: Reports to IT Director
Status: Full Time Salaried, Exempt
Principle Function: This position will be responsible for all aspects of database administration (Fellowship One), data integrity, check-in, and reporting.
Purpose: To provide high quality and excellent service, with the right heart attitude, offering support to all ministries and maintaining accurate membership database records. In doing so the mission and vision of Faithbridge can be carried out at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Add, update and maintain all records in the database (excluding contributions and payroll).
2. Process inserts from the bulletin. Enter the information in to the database and create any reports necessary to get the information to each ministry area.
3. Create, run and distribute any database reports requested including reports that will be used weekly, monthly or quarterly by certain ministry areas to track specific numbers or to send information by mail or email on a regular basis.
4. Train assigned personnel from each ministry to become self-sufficient with database to run their own reports, manage activity set-up, registrations and check-in.
5. Create user-friendly database training instructions for ministries.
6. Create, maintain and track online registrations from ServiceU. Enter the information in to the database and create any reports necessary to get the information to each ministry area.
7. Set-up and assist with activity check-in for Sunday services.
8. Lead volunteers in assisting with activity check-in and data entry.
9. Create, maintain and track online forms from the website. Enter the information in to the database and create any reports necessary to get the information to each ministry area.
10. Create reports from the database to send mass emails to a requested distribution list.
11. Create labels or envelopes from the database to send large mailers to a requested distribution list. This includes preparing the information and reports for the post office, ensuring they are properly sorted for bulk mailing.
12. Scan any documents (waiver and medical release; registration form) that need to be saved to the appropriate database record.
13. Prepare and download any pictures taken at FB101 or in the Student Ministry to the appropriate database record. Provide a quarterly photo directory to the Lead Team.
14. Work closely with the Membership Assistant to delegate work load and insure that the duties and responsibilities assigned to that position are completed along with assigning special projects accordingly.
15. Back up the Membership Assistant on those duties when needed.
16. Create, run and track a variety of reports for monthly and annual numbers to be entered in to the Dove System and for the Charge Conference.
17. Actively participate in FellowshipOne Regional User Group (RUG).
1. Add, update and maintain content management to Faithbridge website.
2. Create all online event registration forms on the Faithbridge website.
3. Meet with Communications each week to determine what updates need to be done to the website based on the weekly bulletin and create any online forms to go along with the weekly inserts.
1. Order office supplies for IT Ministry.
2. Any special projects as requested by each ministry area.
3. This job description is not all-inclusive and can be modified verbally or in writing by the employee’s supervisor.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Proficient with databases, creating SQL queries, and managing database reports.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel & Word), and Adobe software.
Thorough working knowledge of website content management.
Typing speed of 60 words per minute.
Proficiency in grammar, spelling and punctuation.
Ability to operate office machinery including a sophisticated phone system and copiers, various printers, and postage machine.
Education and Experience: Minimum of two years experience, high school graduate or GED with some college credits and/or FellowshipOne training or certification a plus.
Organization Relationship: This position shall be directly accountable to the IT Director or his/her designee and through the IT Director to the Worship & Communications Pastor. This position will have contact with church attendees, paid staff and with outside vendors.
Working Conditions: Position is approximately 40 hours per week Sunday through Thursay (key days are Sunday and Monday). Must be available on-call for after-hours event check-in resolution. Off-campus continuing education as directed by supervisor.
Needed Attributes: The ideal candidate hastrong interpersonal/customer service skills, keen initiative, detailed oriented, good organizations skills, ability to use discernment in making decisions, and a team player. Spiritual gifts of administration, serving, creativity, leadership, and exhortation are helpful.
Benefits: Paid vacation, holidays & personal time, health, dental, life, AD&D, LTD, matching 403(b), and competetive salary, based upon experience.
Please submit your resume with references and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. No calls, please.
Faithbridge Church is a 2011 Best Christian Workplace.