This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Audio & Visual Assistant
Spring, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 03/23/2012
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Part-Time
Title: Audio & Visual Assistant
Recruited By: Worship & Communications Pastor
Staff Grade: Support Staff
Status: Part Time Hourly, Non-Exempt
Principle Function: The Audio & Visual Assistant will assist with Sunday worship in the area of production and provide support for various ministries throughout the week.
Purpose: To provide high quality and excellent service, with the right heart attitude, offering audio and technical support to all ministries. In doing so, the mission and vision of the church can be carried out at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist with Sunday worship production
2. Provide audio and video support for various ministries throughout the week
3. Manage and organize the inventory and repair of a/v equipment
4. Must be flexible to work a minimum of 8 hours every Sunday and 9+ hours during the week
5. This job description is not all-inclusive and can be modified verbally or in writing by employee’s supervisor
1. Thorough knowledge of audio and video systems
2. Understanding of audio signal flow and audio system setup
3. Must understand hookup and maintenance of projection and video systems
4. Must be capable of technical troubleshooting in the areas of audio and projection systems
5. Self-motivated and able to work and make smart decisions under pressure
6. Experience with audio/video editing systems a plus
Education and Experience:
High school graduate or GED with some college credits or work-related trade school preferred.
This position shall be directly accountable to the Worship and Communications Pastor and through the Worship and Communications Pastor to the Senior Pastor. This position will have direct contact with church membership and paid staff.
This position is approximately 20 to 24 hours per week, with needs on nights and weekends. Must be able to physically lift 50 lbs.
Strong interpersonal skills, keen initiative, detail oriented, strong technical skills, ability to use discernment in making decisions, and a team player.
Paid vacation, holidays and personal time, 403(b), and competetive salary, based upon experience.
Please submit resume to email@example.com for consideration. No calls, please.
Faithbridge Church is a 2011 Best Christian Workplaces employer.