This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Junior High Pastor
Scottsdale Bible Church
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Date Posted: 03/20/2012
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
Scottsdale Bible Church is seeking a Pastor to lead our Junior High Ministry in its partnership with parents to help their children know and follow Jesus. The Junior High Ministry is a thriving and growing part of Scottsdale Bible’s Student Ministry team and specifically serves 7th and 8th grade students. As part of our Family Life and Leadership team, the Junior High Ministry is guided by the tenets of Dr. Tim Kimmel’s Graced-Based Parenting philosophy; we are seeking a pastor who is familiar with and willing to develop programs which support these principles.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Be the primary visionary leader for the Junior High Ministry;
• Develop and monitor annual ministry plan, goals, objectives, and budgets;
• Work with Student Ministry staff to develop and offer creative and fun, age-appropriate Junior High curriculum and program options for Sunday, mid-week services, and special events that students love to attend and bring their friends and where parents love to bring their children;
• Oversee annual Junior High Winter and Summer/Fall camps;
• Serve in a pastoral role to counsel and guide parents as well as establish programs to assist in educating parents;
• Create additional programs to build into the lives of students and their families;
• Ensure that students have opportunities to learn about and choose to follow and mature in Christ.
• Work with broader staff to create outreach opportunities;
• Work with staff to recruit and nurture a large network of volunteers;
• Assist SBC’s broader pastoral team in the development of church-wide ministry goals;
Required qualifications include:
• A mature and growing relationship with Jesus Christ;
• A definitive grasp of Scripture and proven application;
• A Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Bible, Ministry, Child Development, Education, Business, Recreation Administration, Non-profit Leadership, or related (a Master’s and/or seminary degree is a plus);
• A proven track record, preferably in fulltime ministry with an emphasis in Youth, Family, or related ministry. Significant long-term lay or volunteer experience within a vibrant student ministry will be considered.
• Demonstrated experience in leading a ministry/organization with 100+ participants at a church with a congregation of more than 1200.
• An ability and desire to serve in this role for a minimum of five years;
• Agreement with SBC’s Statement of Faith and willingness to attend Scottsdale Bible Church.
Interested individuals should visit http://scottsdalebible.com/juniorhighpastor for complete Scottsdale Bible Church Profile and Opportunity Profile and to download our application packet.