This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Discipleship & Outreach
Wabash Friends Church
Wabash, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 03/19/2012
Categories: Discipleship Pastor - Teaching Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Summary: Reporting to the Lead Pastor, the Discipleship and Outreach Pastor provides leadership and direction to assist new and regular attenders in taking intentional steps for growth in their relationship with Christ, in developing Christ-like character and building healthy relationships, and discovering gifts for ministry in the church, in the community, and around the world
Essential Job Functions:
•Develop and implement a strategy that assimilates new attenders into the body of the Church and into intentional development of Christ-like character and relationships utilizing the Connector’s team and administrative staff. Work with the Lead Pastor and Director of Counseling to facilitate a Leadership Development Program that will train leaders to develop a discipleship small group program incorporating mid-week bible studies and triads.
• Incorporate a spiritual gifts component that will inform and prepare people for service in the church. Work with staff and Sunday School Grow Group teachers to create a long-term strategy and curriculum plan for both elective and established grow group classes while coaching people to take intentional steps in emotional, spiritual, and relational growth.
• Work with Missions committee to incorporate church, local, and global ministry experiences into Grow Group and discipleship small group programs.
• In coordination with the Lead Pastor, a church-wide evangelism strategy that incorporates a community celebration of new Christians.
• Oversee and develop a volunteer team for senior adult, men, and women’s ministries.
• Work with Student Pastor and Children’s Pastor to develop a strategy to invest in and disciple young families through intentional family experiences.
• Coordinate with staff and Ministry & Oversight to integrate discipleship strategy by preaching five to six times per year.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience: Must be a follower of Jesus Christ, displaying strong moral character, honesty, and integrity above reproach. A bachelor’s degree in ministry, Christian education, or related field is required; a master’s degree in a related field is desired; 3-5 years of ministry experience preferred. An understanding and support of the Wabash Friends Church Quaker theological distinctives will be needed for this position. Must have a proven proficiency in leading and building teams; an understanding of how people grow; the ability to think creatively; a positive attitude and a passion for discipleship and outreach; the ability to equip volunteers and provide resources for people growing in their faith. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software and have computer skills including utilizing database and Internet resources. Skills in organization, communication, curriculum design, counseling, and relationships are needed.
Physical Demands: Able to talk, hear, see and perform functions necessary to lead and coordinate activities.
Work Schedule: This is a full-time, exempt position requiring 40-45 hours per week including evening and weekend hours with one weekday off per week.
About us: Wabash Friends Church is a member of the Indiana Yearly Meeting Religious Society of Friends and is located 50 miles southwest of Fort Wayne, Indiana and 80 miles northeast of Indianapolis, Indiana, Our mission is to Gather as a grace-filled community; Grow intentionally, through Christ and others; and Go everywhere, making Christ followers. For more information, please visit our website.
To be considered: Send cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references by April 19, 2012 to:
Wabash Friends Church, Attn: D/O
3563 S.State Rd. 13
Wabash, IN 46992
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org