This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Young Families Pastor (Children's Ministry)
Mitchell Berean Church
Mitchell, Nebraska, United States
Date Posted: 03/16/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Young Families Pastor
MBC is looking for a Young Families Pastor. Our preference is a husband/wife team that will complement one another in this area of ministry.
The purpose of the Young Families Pastor Position is to provide vision, leadership and oversight for all facets of Children’s Ministry (nursery through 6th grade) in alignment with the mission, core values and philosophy of ministry of Mitchell Berean Church.
1. The individual is a “born again believer in Christ and has a consistent, growing walk with the Lord.
2. The individual endorses the MBC and Berean Fundamental Council constitutions. See www.bereanchurchfellowship.org
3. The individual has the conviction, passion and giftedness to equip and lead. (Ephesians 4:12; John 13:5)
4. The individual feels God’s call upon his life for this position.
1. The Young Families Pastor shall be licensed by the Mitchell Berean Elder Board and WYOBRASADAK District Council.
2. Upon hiring, the Young Families Pastor will be on a six month probationary status. A three month performance review will be followed by the six month performance review, by the official Board of Elder's at M.B.C. If the candidate and the Elder board are in full agreement of ending the probation status, the Young Families Pastor will be off probation review status and his status will be reviewed yearly by the Elder Board.
3. The Young Families Pastor will sign a "Pastoral Covenant" and “Preventive Child Abuse Policy.”
4. The Young Families Pastor will attend the weekly Staff Meetings.
5. The Young Families Pastor will attend the monthly Elder Meetings.
6. The Young Families Pastor will attend the annual Berean National Convention as the budget allows. (MBC will cover the expenses.)
7. The Young Families Pastor will attend the Leadership Forum (Pastor's Retreat) at Camp Maranatha as the budget allows.
(MBC will cover the expenses.)
8. The Young Families Pastor will be at all weekend worship services (3). If married, he and his wife will attend one weekly Worship Service together.
9. The Young Families Pastor will submit a monthly ministry report to the Youth Pastor at monthly directional meetings.
10. The Young Families Pastor will work closely with the Youth Pastor to assure that students leaving the Children’s Ministry have a smooth transition to the Youth Ministry
1. Champion a vision for children, and Children’s Ministry at MBC consistent with our philosophy, mission and core values. (See www.mitchellberean.com)
2. Communicate the vision and purpose of ministry to the Children’s Ministry Leaders, children and their parents.
3. Develop a Team-based ministry structure throughout the Children’s Ministry.
4. Oversee the Children’s Ministries from Nursery – 6th grade, which includes:
a. recruiting, training, encouraging and rotating Children’s Leaders,
b. developing leader training material that incorporates teaching methods and strategies unique to teaching children,
c. providing quarterly meeting, prayer & accountability time with leaders,
d. reviewing and selecting age appropriate curriculum,
e. assimilating children into their age appropriate groups,
5. Recruit and oversee the Children's Church Coordinator and the Nursery Coordinator with their following responsibilities:
a. recruiting, training, encouraging of workers,
b. scheduling workers, distribution of schedules and reminders, and
c. cleaning and disinfecting toys, bedding, furniture, etc. in rooms.
6. Meet monthly with Children’s Ministry Leaders to discuss trends and future growth.
7. Lead the week of Vacation Bible School during the Summer, which includes:
a. recruiting, training and encouraging VBS workers,
b. reviewing and selecting the curriculum, and
c. directing during the week of VBS.
8. Regularly evaluate the various Children’s Ministries and activities as to effectiveness and make necessary adjustments.
9. Apply and implement standards to ensure children's safety and to meet requirements of the law.
10. Partner with parents to help them expand their spiritual influence in their families.
11. Develop and manage a yearly ministry plan and budget.
1. Assist in pastoral functions (preaching, counseling, hospital visitations, child dedications, baptisms, funerals).
2. Counseling of families with young children.
Personal Profile of Young Families Pastor
We desire to find a person (prefer husband /wife team) for this position who will fit the overall philosophy of ministry, vision, and church culture of Mitchell Berean Church. We believe the following characteristics best define the kind of person we are looking for:
• Demonstrates a dynamic relationship with Christ as evidenced by a life of integrity and a lifestyle of prayer, worship, discipleship, and service.
• Demonstrates balance in life (family, work, rest, recreation).
• Demonstrates emotional health and stability.
• Has a clear command of Biblical doctrine.
• Has a clear Biblical philosophy of overall ministry and local church body life (see MBC philosophy of ministry).
• Is a highly skilled professional with a broad understanding of children’s ministry issues and perspectives.
• Has a proven track record of equipping lay people for children’s ministry within a large local church.
• Able to work with a broad spectrum of people in a healthy and productive way.
• Has the ability to teach and effectively communicate biblical truths to children.
• Ability to work in a large multi-staff church.
• Believes in a team approach to leadership and service.
• Is able to build and shepherd teams within his ministry area.
• Understands the pastoral role as primarily one of equipping people for ministry.
• Agrees with and able to carry out the MBC philosophy of ministry.
• Knows that God has gifted him and given him the passion to serve as Young Families Pastor.
• Has the full support of family (wife and kids) for taking this position.