This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's Ministries
First Missionary Church
Berne, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 09/09/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Missionary Church
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
First Missionary Church, Berne, Indiana
Director of Children’s Ministries
Purpose is focused on providing vision, organization and supervision to the Children’s Ministries of First Missionary Church, comprising birth through 5th Grade.
Reports directly to Senior Pastor and is also accountable to the Church Board and the congregation; member of the Christian Education Committee of the church.
Skills include administration, leadership, teaching, faith, wisdom, discernment, shepherding.
Ministry Responsibilities for this full-time position include but not limited to:
1. Developing himself/herself as a disciple of Jesus Christ and a member of the ministry team at First Missionary Church.
2. Supporting the purpose, values and vision of First Missionary Church.
3. Developing, articulating and implementing a vision for Children’s Ministries, consistent with the vision of FMC.
4. Providing training and resources to assist parents/caregivers in their role as their child’s “first discipler.”
5. Developing and caring for a cadre of volunteers to accomplish the vision of the Children’s Ministries, along with developing occasional interns.
6. Formulating and administering the annual ministry plan and budget for Children’s Ministries
7. Being responsible for recruiting and training all key leaders in the Children’s Ministries, including Sunday School, Wednesday night program, nursery, children’s worship, Vacation Bible School, Upward Basketball and Cheerleading, Junior Quizzing and camp opportunities, along with other children’s ministries of FMC.
8. Developing and meeting on a regular basis with age-specific teams for the purpose of planning, training and evaluation.
9. Providing teacher training on a regular and scheduled basis.
10. Overseeing curriculum selection and development.
11. Administrating FMC’s Volunteer training program.
12. Being available for consultation with parents and children, with the goal of enhancing the spiritual growth of children at FMC.
13. Must maintain active children’s committee, with regularly scheduled meetings.
Beyond First Missionary Church, it is anticipated that the Children’s Director will…
1. Be involved in various district and denominational activities
2. Participate in teaching and training opportunities, as agreed upon by the pastoral staff.
3. Network with other children’s ministries specialists.
Desired Qualifications/Prior Experience
1. Positive attitude, gregarious nature, strong team orientation, high creativity level, excellent communication skills.
2. Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
3. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with an emphasis in education or Christian Education Ministries is preferred.
4. Proven ability to recruit, train, manage and motivate a team of volunteers.
5. Successful experience in a church or Para-church setting would be preferred.
The Director of Children’s Ministries will maintain regular office hours four days during the week, from 8:30am-4:30pm. Plus Wednesday evening and other weekly events as needed.
In addition to regular hours, the Director of Children’s Ministries will need to in the building one hour prior to the start of Sunday services through the end of Sunday services, and on Wednesday evening between 6:30pm – 8:30pm.