This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Student Minstry
First United Methodist Church of Clermont
Clermont, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 03/15/2012
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Student Ministry
First United Methodist Church of Clermont is seeking a creative and energetic Director of Student Ministry (Grades 6-12). Candidate should exhibit a servant’s heart and a proven leadership ability to grow a dynamic youth ministry. Candidate must be a self-starter and team player with the capability to formulate teams and equip leaders. Qualified applicants should have a four-year degree in Religious/Christian education or a related field. A minimum of three years experience in leading and inspiring large youth groups is preferred.
• Have a love for youth and a passion to serve them and lead them to Christ.
• Be the student ministry advocate within the church and the community.
• Develop and implement vision for Student Ministries that supports the overall Church vision and mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
• Foster a caring connection to youth through well-rounded programs that include fellowship, discipleship, evangelism, missions and worship.
• Research, develop, plan, implement, evaluate and continually improve a balanced variety of ministry-focused programs, activities and events that attract and disciple Middle School and High School students.
• Take the Bible and its words and relate them in a very practical, Spirit-led way to the lives of youth in the church and the community. Speaking and Teaching skills are a must.
• Deliver a safe and secure environment by ensuring the Safe Sanctuary policies and procedures are followed.
• Design and utilize programming that encourages student involvement in small group, personal growth, service projects and mission outreach.
• Build relationships to inspire, recruit, equip and empower adult and student volunteers.
• Partner with parents in facilitating faith development for their student(s). Build meaningful relationships and trust with parents.
• Perform necessary administrative functions related to the youth programs.
Position available May 2012. Qualified applicants should submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org