First United Methodist Church, St. Petersburg, Florida
Please submit a Statement of Faith with your resume, which should include a summary of your journey with Jesus Christ and how you live out your faith daily.
Be a part of a growing church and help make a positive difference within our community and lives throughout Saint Petersburg. First United Methodist Church is looking for a dynamic and creative individual who can help increase member engagement through
The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the creative, administrative, and media activities of First United Methodist Church. Our Communications/Media Coordinator will report to the Director of Contemporary Worship as well as work
with the office staff, pastors, and the Communications Committee.
- Prepare and run Media/text Presentations for four weekly Worship Services that are creative and innovative.
- Create and set-up loop announcements and TV Wall Monitor Updates throughout the church to facilitate communications throughout the congregation.
- Update the church website as required to keep existing members knowledgeable and potential new members interested in learning more.
- Design templates for weekly Worship Bulletins and inserts or flyers as needed.
- Work with the Communication Committee to implement other projects as needed. Examples may include implementing new digital and print media, implementing web-based training tools for church leaders, as well as working with others to increase overall engagement
and participation throughout the church congregation.
- Attend weekly staff meeting.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Contemporary Worship.
- Strong communications skills (both oral & written)
- Outgoing individual who portrays enthusiasm while learning and working with others
- Proactive individual who is a self-starter and able to act independently
- Able to learn quickly, to think ahead and to grasp the big picture
- Highly organized and able to multi-task on a consistent basis; able to balance speed with accuracy
- Able to take direction from numerous people
- Microsoft Office (Power Point, Outlook, Word & Excel) experience required
- Strong understanding of and capable of managing and updating web based content
- Experience converting media file formats and creating DVD based content
- Familiarity with Media Shout a plus