This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Missional Communities
BridgeWay Community Church
Fishers, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 05/10/2012
Categories: Associate Pastor - Small Group Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Pastor of Missional Communities
Purpose: To multiply communities which seek God’s Kingdom through missional engagement, AND seek God’s righteousness through intentional discipleship. (Matthew 6:33)
Jim Collins writes, “Great organizations get the ‘right people’ in the ‘right seats’ on the ‘right bus.’”
The Right Bus:
Our Church: BridgeWay’s mission is “Life-Change through Jesus Christ,” and our vision is to be a “Kingdom Church with Five Expressions: Missional, Worship, Formation, Power and Justice.”
Our Groups: During BridgeWay’s eleven year history, small groups have focused primarily on “seeking God’s righteousness” as members have studied the Bible, shared their stories and prayed for each other. But to be truly missional, these communities must change the lives of those inside the group AND the lives of those outside the group. We firmly believe that in the Gospels, Jesus describes not an OR but an AND strategy. Through intentionally multiplying Missional Communities, BridgeWay’s people will seek both God’s Kingdom AND God’s righteousness.
The Right Seat:
1. Missional: You must be prewired for evangelism AND discipleship, because according to Jesus they are the two sides of the same missional coin. You will leverage our missional partnerships to change lives “in here” through changing lives “out there.” Our objective is to routinely tell stories of members living out our “Value of Audacity” on Sunday.
2. Communities: You must have a demonstrated track record of directing and multiplying both leaders and groups. Of particular importance is the ability to lead them to discern and implement their community’s God-given mission. Our objective is to make it abnormal for an attender not to be engaged in a Missional Community.
3. Communicator: You must have the ability to communicate to groups of all sizes, and use that communication to leverage your leadership. For better or worse, people’s perception is that to be a credible “leader” you must also be a compelling “preacher.” Our objective is to have you preach monthly to help cast the Missional Community vision.
4. Assimilation: You must have the people and administrative skills to make first-time guests feel at home and implement a system for follow-up. You will also champion our “Life-Change Series” of courses to mobilize people from the congregation into “The Core.” Our objective is to build a foundation for our anticipated move into a new facility.
5. Ministries: You must have a passion for ministry development, and in particular drive the growth of our gender-based ministries. You will give direction to our Men’s Ministry, and serve as the staff advocate for our volunteer Women’s Ministries Director. Our objective is to put the theory of discipleship into every-day practice in the lives of men and women.
The Right Person:
1. Entrepreneurial Leader: You need the entrepreneurial tools to launch new ministries, but also the organizational skills to grow existing ministries. We’re not all about the numbers, but growth is measured by both quality and quantity.
2. Ministry Builder: You need to have a demonstrated track record of developing the ministries you have led. You must cast a compelling vision, pounding the table when necessary to mobilize resources and people.
3. People Recruiter: You need to have a nose to sniff out leaders, getting out there to meet them and not afraid to make “The Ask.” The answer you hear from prospective leaders is never “no,” it is always “not yet.”
4. Systems Developer: You need to have an uncommon combination of being both a people and systems developer. You need the capacity to not only manage today’s ministry, but to equip us for the ministry of tomorrow.
5. Credible Pastor: You need to have both the personal and biblical gravitas to be recognized by our congregation as “one of the pastors here at BridgeWay.” To grow our church, we need to broaden our pastoral base.
6. Compelling Communicator: You need the ability to command attention in rooms of all sizes. You need to have both theological credibility and personal authenticity as a communicator, because if you fake it you won’t make it.
Our Hiring Values:
If you believe you may be the right person in the right seat (and just as importantly that we are the right bus), forward your resume and a sample message to firstname.lastname@example.org.