This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 03/08/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Since the staff here at Salty Church tend to come at things from a different perspective, please refer to the list of "You probably won't like it here if" statements below.
You probably won't like it here if;
- you hate the feeling of sand between your toes
- playful dolphins creep you out
- your idea of a good time is scraping snow of your windshield
- you'd prefer to inherit something amazing as opposed to building something amazing
- chemistry with your fellow teammates is of no concern
- kids learning about Christ in a safe and fun environment is optional in your ministry vision statement
- it freaks you out to see the pastor teaching in flip-flops
- "Shout to the Lord" and "Lord I lift your name on high" are still your top 2 favorite worship songs
- you respond with "Ah, they probably just went to the bathroom" when a child is reported missing
- recruiting volunteers triggers your gag reflex
- you're allergic to systems and procedures
- you'd prefer to have a colonoscopy than to hear the words "multi-site", "scalable", or "exponential".
- you really don't care for children all that much
Salty Church launched as a church plant in the fall of 2005. It's an exciting young church that has seen incredible growth in a short period of time. We are looking for someone who fits the coastal / beach culture represented in our community. Salty Church has two campuses. This position would include leadership over all aspects of Children's ministry at every campus. We're looking for someone who can give great vision and oversight to a young and emerging Childrens ministry. In addition, we're looking for someone who enjoys building and shaping a ministry with incredible potential into a thriving an effective resource for families.
We are seeking a full-time Director of Children's Ministry. This person will provide leadership and visionary direction for a growing children's ministry. The candidate should possess organizational, administrative, and managing skills. The role is responsible for recruiting, equipping, and working with volunteers.
We are looking for someone with children's ministry experience in a ministry with over 100+ children and/or 1000+ adults. Familiarity with Orange curriculum (first look and 252 basics) is a plus. If interested, please send your resume to Drew at email@example.com.
With your resume please include any strength finders/personality test results and a recent picture of you/family.
Here are some additional qualifications necessary for applicants;
- At least 4 years experience in a church of 1000+.
- Vision for family ministry / programming, scalable for duplication at multiple locations.
- Exceptional people skills
- Strong emphasis on organizing, coordinating, and recruiting volunteers.
- Experience in multi-site development