This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Family Ministries
Centennial Road Church
Brockville, Ontario, Canada
Date Posted: 03/07/2012
Categories: Family Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Family Ministries
Centennial Road Church in Brockville, Ontario is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director of Family Ministries. The successful candidate will direct and oversee all Christian Education activities and the Youth Ministry of the church, and will assist the Lead Pastor as required. He or she will join a dynamic team of people committed to bringing people into God’s Kingdom. The successful candidate will share in the vision of Centennial Road Church to “passionately celebrate and share the love of God by inviting people to belong, grow and serve in the mission of Christ”. To learn more about our church we invite you to visit our website at www.centennialroad.com
This position will ensure that the needs of the congregation are met in the following areas: Christian Education Program (including Summer Day Camps), Sunday children’s ministry, Youth Groups, Youth Education, regular and Summer Youth Activities, and Youth mission work.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Director of Family Ministries
1. Duties in Christian Education of Children
• Coordinate and implement the Sunday children’s programs, including children's worship and music, and nursery and Kindergarten (Lil’K) program. Be present on Sundays to support the children’s ministry volunteers.
• Coordinate enlistment and scheduling of children’s volunteer leaders/substitutes and provide ongoing leader training and support.
• Facilitate curriculum and resource selection with approval from Lead Pastor.
• Coordinate and implement safety protocols in compliance with Ontario law and church insurance requirements. Develop a safety protocol manual for all volunteers and insure all required police background checks are complete and up to date.
• Communicate with the congregation's families about the children’s programs, through the bulletin, web site, email, or letters.
• Attend staff meetings to provide input, direction, vision and guidance and receive feedback.
• Convene Christian Education meetings and facilitate the development of programs, policies, calendar, and budget with key volunteers.
• Establish regular office hours for availability to staff, leaders, and parents.
• Oversee the planning of special events Christmas program, Easter activities, Trunk or Treat, and others. Plan year-end Celebration Sunday at the conclusion of the school year to recognize graduations, baptisms, significant life transitions for children and teens.
• Keep abreast of the latest methods in church education and bring them to the attention of the church staff and volunteers.
• Provide a monthly written report of all ministry activities to be presented by the Lead Pastor to the Local Church Board of Administration.
2. Duties in Youth Ministry
• Create and lead vital youth programming through the recruitment and training of adult volunteer leaders and helpers who will increase the capacity of the youth group to grow and reach hundreds of teens in the St. Lawrence Valley.
• Be a visionary for the youth program. Share this vision by planning, organizing, preparing and leading youth activities and groups. This may involve Bible study, worship opportunities, servant evangelism, or other fellowship opportunities both within and outside the church.
• Coordinate and schedule leaders/substitutes for the youth program and provide ongoing leader training and support.
• Plan and participate in summer youth activities to include mission work.
• Meet regularly with the Lead Pastor and keep the Lead Pastor informed of any family/youth concerns as well as receive feedback.
• Coordinate Youth Activities Schedules with the church office to ensure that events do not overlap and fit within the rhythm of the church.
• Communicate and give direction to youth, their families and the congregation through letters, newsletters, telephone, e-mail, personal visits, etc. regarding upcoming events and opportunities for involvement.
• Develop a rapport with the youth.
• Promote and participate in local youth events and camp programs.
3. Duties in Assisting the Pastor
Participate in the Sunday morning life of the congregation, including participation in Worship Services as requested.
Teaching duties as requested.
Hours and Compensation
This full-time position involves 40 hours of work per week. Hourly and daily commitment of time will vary based on children and youth activities, regularly scheduled meetings, office hours, and the church calendar. Compensation will be within guidelines set by Local Church Board of Administration and outlined in the annual budget, and be commensurate with experience.
It is expected that the Lead Pastor will conduct the search process for the Director of Family Ministries. The Director of Family Ministries will report to the Lead Pastor, accountability for this position will be similar to the other staff positions with annual staff evaluations and compensation review.
Skills and Attributes Desired
Be a faithful and growing disciple of Jesus Christ and be in alignment with our vision/mission and core values. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational, administrative, and communication skills; as well as high energy, creativity, strong work ethic and ability to motivate others. A desire to educate and inspire the children and youth, and to rally the support of parents, families and the congregation for children and youth programming is also necessary. Ordination as a Pastor is preferred but negotiable based on experience and ability of the candidate.
The Director of Family Ministries must exemplify an ability to maintain confidentiality and handle delicate situations with discretion and insight.
Compensation: This is a full-time position with pay commensurate with experience, education, and responsibility.
Applications will be accepted until March 31, 2012. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Family Ministries” in the subject line.
We thank all who apply for their interest, but only those being interviewed will be contacted.