Grace Fellowship Church in Johnson City, TN is looking for an experienced Tech and Production Director who can take this ministry of the church to the next level. With an incredible state of the art facility with three fully-resourced auditoriums, this opportunity is full of potential.
If you have heart for the local church, extensive knowledge and experience in AVL, as well as very strong leadership and team building skills, this is the opportunity you have been waiting for. This full time job offers a competitive salary with benefits and is located in a family-friendly city at a church with a heart for discipleship and reaching out into the community for the sake of Christ to the glory of God. Take time to explore the pictures of Grace’s facility, the job profile and an over-view of the church before applying. This is not an entry level job. Applicants must have a solid track record of impact in a church (or ministry facility) of 1,000+.
for facility pictures, church history, and moreCHALLENGE
The time has come for the tech and production ministries of Grace to become cohesive, to grow through teams, to establish key partnerships within the community, to maintain a consistent level of excellence, and to properly resource partner ministries and events that use the facility. The challenge is to raise the bar of production professionalism in all areas, to build teams with a high level of enthusiasm for the mission of the church, and to lead all tech and production as a true ministry area of the church. OPPORTUNITY
The facilities at Grace are absolutely state of the art and have a potential beyond most any church or facility in the area to have an incredible production department which resources not only the ministries of the church, but also the community at large. The services at Grace lend themselves to creative production elements including stage props, stage backgrounds, and state of the art AVL.ROLE
Assist the Worship Arts Pastor as the director of production, sound, and tech. The Production Director organizes and oversees the production and tech ministry of the church. He (or she) leads, equips, and disciples those involved in the tech ministry (staff and volunteers) in such a way that they grow spiritually, improve their skills, and connect with one another and the mission of the church.
1. Is spiritually and emotionally mature and prepared to give leadership to GFC through his (or her) example of ongoing growth and devotion to Christ and His church.
2. A track record of significant impact and effectiveness as a tech/production director for churches over 1,000 in attendance. 3. Is a self-initiator and natural leader.
4. Can both lead and thrive in a team-based environment.
5. Is teachable, responsive, and respectful of authority.
6. Has a professional demeanor while producing and dealing with others.
7. Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture.
8. Has a very strong attention to detail, especially as it relates to production.
9. Able to troubleshoot and provide timely solutions to AVL problems.
10. Able to lead and orchestrate an organizational processes for managing tech in multiple rooms.
11. Able to mentor others with grace and truth.
12. Able to effectively and skillfully operate all AVL on site.
13. Able to mix sound, including the use compression, reverb, gates, etc
14. Embraces and models the core values of GFC.
15. Is in core agreement with the GFC doctrinal statement, especially eternal security and free grace.
1. Attends all required staff meetings.
2. Oversee AVL and stage production in main auditorium: currently Sunday 9:00am and 10:45am.
3. Lead production at band rehearsals currently Thursday at 6:30pm.
4. Develop checklists, expectations, and processes to assure quality experiences for all involved in the tech ministry.
5. Oversee the identification, recruitment, scheduling, and development of AVL, staging, and other volunteers.
6. Lead the formation of teams that fosters good communication and a strong sense of community among all production volunteers. Teams and roles include: light programing, live video, ProPresenter, video switcher, sound engineering, stage props, stage producers, and stagehands.
7. Oversee the setup of staging and AVL for all ministry areas and special events.
8. Oversee, organize, and manage all AVL and tech storage rooms.
9. Inventory, evaluate, organize, and manage all AVL and tech equipment.
10. Lead and oversee a GFC tech community with links to those outside the body of Christ; build relationships with local tech groups (such as at surrounding colleges), sound engineers, and festival promoters.
11. Develop working relationships with “ministry partner” leaders to best facilitate their needs: including “the Well’ college ministry, which meets weekly in the West auditorium.
12. Run sound as needed and schedule sound engineering as needed.
13. Work with the Worship Arts Pastor to best facilitate the production needs for each worship service.
14. Work with the Worship Arts Pastor to develop annual ministry plan and budget for Tech.
15. Work with Worship Arts Pastor and Administrative Director to develop and oversee the process to facilitate concerts.
16. Develop a “life cycle” budget analysis and proposals for all equipment and rooms on site.
17. Oversee production and technical staff including tech specialist, sound engineer, and interns.
18. Oversee and coordinate AVL for outside events in need of tech assistance.
19. Other responsibilities as assigned by the Worship Arts Pastor.
Provides Oversight To:
•Technical Specialist (as project manager)
•Audio Engineer (as needed)
•Total compensation negotiable based on experience and education
•Competitive salary package with benefits
for pictures, church history, and more
send resumes with a cover letter to: email@example.com
"strengthsfinder" traits are a plus if available