This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Ministry Support Assistant
Woodmont Baptist Church
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Date Posted: 03/06/2012
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
The Ministry Support Assistant is a full-time position. The Ministry Support Assistant serves as an administrative assistant to the Family Ministry team. The Ministry Support Assistant works with the Minister to Families, the Minister to Youth, the Director of Children’s Ministry, the Director of Preschool Ministry, the Minister of Music/Associate Pastor and the Music/Worship Assistant to coordinate and design all publicity and artwork for Woodmont Baptist Church and to create promotional products and/or logos. The Ministry Support Assistant also works with curriculum and other related studies. The Ministry Support Assistant maintains and updates the website, designing graphics as needed. The Ministry Support Assistant contacts vendors and makes purchases for events and assists with decorations for events as needed. The Ministry Support Assistant registers participants for various programs and trips and maintains lists of registered participants and payments made as needed.
Good people skills
Competence in computer skills, multimedia production, word processing, graphics and web design,
including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Constant Contact, Pages and Keynote 2-3 years of experience preferred
1. Serve as an administrative assistant to the Family Ministry team staff. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
a. Perform secretarial duties that include any correspondence by email and regular mail.
b. Answer telephones.
2. Coordinate and design all publicity and artwork for Woodmont Baptist Church as assigned,
including the E-Newsletter, Connection, seasonal calendars, monthly Family Ministry team
email and email for the Youth, Children and Preschool ministries as requested.
3. Work with the Minister of Music/Associate Pastor and the Music/Worship Assistant to create
publicity and artwork for any materials for the Music Ministry and any printed material for
Advent and other seasonal events.
4. Create any promotional products and/or logos (signs, flyers, banners, postcards, t-shirts, etc.) for
Bible studies, Family Ministry, VBS, seasonal events, social events, etc.
5. Maintain and update website with current information and links and design graphics, copy, etc.,
6. Provide resource assistance in downloading, printing, copying and sorting curriculum and
related studies for families, preschool, children, youth and college.
7. Assist with contacting vendors and ordering resources for Fall Festival, VBS, Easter
Extravaganza, Upward celebrations, Operation Christmas Child, Family FX events, Kids’ Fun
Night and other special events.
8. Assist with decorations and set-up for special events as needed.
9. Assist in the registration of Upward sports, VBS, camps and other special events and maintain
lists of registered participants and payments made (as appropriate).
10. Assist in travel arrangements for youth trips and maintain lists of registered participants and payments made (as appropriate).
11. Attend weekly staff meetings and Family Ministry team meetings as requested. 12. Work with other assistants to offer help in special situations.