This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Coordinator of Children & Student Ministry
Wheatland Salem United Methodist Church
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 03/05/2012
Categories: Christian Education - Combo Positions
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Part-Time
The purpose of this position is to support the mission of Wheatland Salem Church: Love God. Love Others. Change the World.
This position’s primary focus is implementing the vision of the congregation to equip Christ-followers for everyday service that has a long-term impact. To that end, this position provides leadership for children and student ministry volunteers and the discipleship journey of children from birth to 12th grade at multiple locations.
Part Time (35 Hours)
Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC)
- Committed growing Christian with a servant’s heart
- Person of high integrity, confidentiality, and patience
- Excellent relational and communications skills
- Creative, adaptable, flexible, and teachable
- Gracious, helpful and accessible in working with visitors and staff
- Targets and achieves results, overcomes obstacles, accepts responsibility, establishes standards and responsibilities, creates a results-oriented environment, and follows through on actions. Communicates well both verbally and in writing. Effectively conveys and shares information and ideas with others. Listens carefully and understands various viewpoints. Presents ideas clearly and concisely and understands relevant detail in presented information.
- Generates novel ideas and develops or improves existing and new systems that challenge the status quo, takes risks, and encourages innovation.
- Possesses the ability to define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions consistent with fulfillment of church mission and consistent with the church's ministry process.
- Effectively and productively engages with others and establishes trust, credibility, and confidence with others.
- Motivates, empowers, inspires, collaborates with, and encourages others. Develops a culture of cultivating people (both staff and volunteers). Builds consensus when appropriate. Focuses team members on common goals.
- Knows when and how to attract, develop, reward and utilize teams to optimize results. Acts to build trust, inspire enthusiasm, encourage others, and help resolve conflicts and develop consensus in creating high-performance teams.
- Demonstrates strong technical/functional proficiencies and knowledge in areas of expertise. Consistently does the right thing by performing with reliability.
- Participates effectively in a staff ministry team across multiple locations.
- Collaborates with the Communications Coordinator in the marketing of children and student ministries.
- In collaboration with the Volunteer Coordinator, Identify, recruit, equip, support, and supervise children and student ministry leaders.
- Supervise Childcare Supervisor and other Children’s Ministry and Student Ministry staff members.
- Provides initiative in planning, coordinating, staffing, implementing, supporting, evaluating and, improving ongoing Children and Student ministry programs and the development of new Children and Student ministry initiatives. Examples of ongoing ministry program areas include, but are not limited to:
o Sunday School (preschool – 12th grade)
o Kid’s Church
o 3rd Grade Bible Adventure
o Kids’ Club
o Sports Camp
o Youth Mission Trip
o Youth group(s)
o The Well
- Ensure the adherence to the Safe Sanctuaries Policy for staff and volunteers working with children and students.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Manage the fiscal tracking of expenditures, resource distribution (books, DVD’s, etc), program registrations and program advertising in a collaborative manner with the rest of the staff.
- Lead and facilitate a team of adult volunteers who form a leadership team for Children and Student Ministries.
- Able to work collaboratively, supportively, and effectively with other leaders on the staff and among the volunteer leaders of children and student ministries.
- Good communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills: Excel, Word, Publisher, ability to learn church-wide database
- Ability to address leaders needs in a timely, accurate and positive manner.
- Ability to attend weeknight and weekend events
- A heart for helping families grow in their relationship with Christ at home
- Creative, adaptable, flexible and teachable
? Experience in leadership of children
- Ability to supervise children’s ministry staff and volunteers
- Relevant college degree, ministry training or equivalent experience