This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Youth & Children's Pastor
Friendship Community Church
Mt. Juliet, Tennessee, United States
Date Posted: 03/02/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Purpose: To oversee the children’s ministry (birth-grade 5) and youth ministry (grades 6-12)
• Bring the vision of Friendship Community Church to life: lead students & children to continually grow in love with God and others, joyfully serve them, and intentionally lead others to do the same.
• Volunteer utilization – Have a complete commitment to development of volunteer staff. Recruit, train, motivate, retain, communicate with, and appreciate all volunteers. Constantly breathe the vision of Friendship into the hearts of our volunteers.
• Growth – Lead children/students to connect with God and continually take the next step in growing in their relationship with Him. Attract and retain children/students and families to Friendship Community Church. Connect students with worship and discipleship opportunities at both the midweek student experience and the weekend churchwide worship experience.
• Assimilation – Ensure that all children/students/families receive excellent follow-up and care – including both follow-up with every student who attends and guidance on next steps for every student who accepts Christ as their Savior.
• Communication & serving – Communicate regularly and effectively with parents of children/students about ministry goals, outreach activities, spiritual growth plans, and serving opportunities (for both parents & students).
• Future preparation – Prepare 5th graders for transition to middle school group, 8th graders for transition to high school group, and 12th graders for transition from youth ministry.
• Leadership – Monitor the effectiveness of our children’s and youth ministry, identify deficiencies, and develop innovative methods for improvement to lead them to excel in all of these areas. Oversee and manage the budget for Children’s & Youth Ministry.
• Other leadership responsibilities as determined by the Pastor.
• Maintain the God-ordained priorities in your life: putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, children third, and the ministry fourth.
• Willing to commit to the core values of Friendship Community Church and meet membership expectations.
• Passionately strive to live the abundant life found in Christ.
• Give at least 10% of your income into the vision of Friendship Community Church.
• Avoid the appearance of evil: let no hint of immorality exist and conduct life with the utmost integrity in all situations.
Interested in our Youth & Children's Pastor position? Just e-mail your resume to wendy@FriendshipCommunityChurch.org.
NOTE: Phone calls with questions about the position will likely not be returned. The best way to contact us with questions is via e-mail. Thanks!