This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Family Worship Center
Carrollton, Kentucky, United States
Date Posted: 03/01/2012
Categories: Campus Pastor
Church Size: Not Assigned
Job Type: Full-Time
Family Worship Center and the Family Worship Center Network are looking for individuals who have both the heart to oversee a life-giving church planted in a rural community in the state of Kentucky as well being a part of planting other locations through this network.
Who We Are:
In 1986 Family Worship Center held its first service under the direction of Senior Pastor Pat Butcher. The church began with 35 people and has grown to a current membership of over 600. Located in a community of 2,400 and a county of less than 11,000, Family Worship Center continues to reach out to the more than 7 surrounding counties it draws from. In 2000, Pastor Pat embraced the mandate given by God to plant 40 life-giving, Word of faith churches in rural communities (population 150,000 or less). Out of the desire to plant churches, the Lord led Pastor Pat to start FWCN. There are currently six churches in the FWCN, and our goal is to plant 40 churches by 2020.
What We Are All About:
Plain and simple - "partnering with God in changing the quality of people's lives'. We understand the mission ahead of us is God-sized and the mandate to plant 40 life-giving churches in the state of Kentucky by 2020 reaching 1% of the community they are located in is aggressive. Through the structure and systems currently in place as well as developments to come, we embrace this God-sized opportunity to impact and influence a state for the Kingdom of God.
What We Offer:
The FWCN offers opportunities for both seasoned ministers as well as those just starting out in overseeing a church. No start-up costs, no fundraising, no loans to payback, just an opportunity, if you have the skill-set and desire, to impact a state by developing and overseeing a growing and healthy campus. Here are just some of the many benefits the FWCN offers:
• FWCN offers instruction of our DNA for churches in our network.
• FWCN is committed to unity, collaboration, and accountability among all church locations.
• FWCN is committed to communication, shared information & resources among all church locations.
• FWCN offers genuine care for you and your family.
• FWCN is the opportunity to be part of something bigger than yourself.
• FWCN offers support through encouragement, prayer, and spiritual refreshing.
• FWCN offers accountability and authority.
TRAINING & OPPORTUNITIES
• If you need ministry training or desire further schooling, we are an extension campus of Life Christian University at FWC
• To ensure all of our church locations are headed in the same direction, the FWCN has developed and continually
evaluates for effectiveness the following eight systems. These systems support the ongoing day-to-day operations of the
church location ensuring the continued growth and health of each location. You will have the opportunity to be trained and
developed in the following 8 systems:
1. Weekend Services system: This is how we plan, execute and evaluate the weekend services at our church.
2. Marketing/Outreach system: This is how we attract people to our church.
3. Assimilation system: This is how we move people from first time guests to fully engaged members.
4. Discipleship system: This is how we ensure continued growth and spiritual development of attendees.
5. Ministry/Involvement system: This is how we mobilize people for involvement/significant ministry at the church.
6. Stewardship/giving system: This is how we go about developing extravagant givers in the church.
7. Leadership Development system: This is how we develop apprentices/leaders at every level in the church.
8. Strategic/Evaluation system: This is how we constantly enact a culture of evaluation and keep the lens crystal clear for
steps to take and initiatives to implement to move the church/network forward.
• Hands-on experience aiding in the development and oversight of a launch team.
• Experiencing and playing key leadership roles within an actual church plant in preparation for your opportunity to plant a
• Personal and leadership development resources including a growth plan tailored towards developing in your areas of
• Assessments & quarterly evaluations.
• Practical application in the areas of Pastoral Care & Discipleship; Building Teams & Developing Leaders; Embracing
The Community which represent the 3 key areas we desire for our location Pastors to spend the majority of their time,
carrying them out with a high level of effectiveness.
What We Are Looking For?
Although experience is not a must, the FWCN has a specific criteria and skill-set required to be consider as a candidate to Senior Pastor a FWC campus. We understand that many times individuals may or may not have had opportunities to lead at various levels at the local church they attend and so forth, and this is why we look at the time frame for planting a campus generally between the 12-18 month time-frame.
The FWCN is structured in such a way that requires each location pastor to function in three distinct arenas at a high level. They are as follows:
A. Pastoral Care & Discipleship.
B. Building Teams & Developing Various Levels of Leaders.
C. Embracing The Community (Community Connections).
Qualities candidates should possess:
1. Catalytic Leaders: Able to rally people to a cause.
2. Team Builders: Can build teams and identify high-capacity leaders to build more teams.
3. Relational Leaders: Friendly and approachable.
4. Talent Scouts: Always on the lookout for new leaders to develop and volunteers to connect to opportunities of service.
5. Pastoral: Able to connect/minister to people in various life-situations (birth, marriage, sickness, death/loss, disconnected
from God, marital struggles, etc).
6. Total Quality Managers: Looking for ways to improve; sensitive to misses; committed to excellence.
7. Communicators: Able to deliver/communicate the message, cast vision, and inspire the congregation.
8. Carriers of the DNA: When you cut them, they bleed the mandate, motives, map, and measures of Family Worship Center.
9. Solution Specialists: Able to identify problems and find solutions.
10. Community Connectors: Able to build influence with community leaders, business owners, school systems, etc,
establishing relationships and discovering opportunities where the church family can “partner with God in changing the
quality of people’s lives.”
What We Expect?
The DNA of each location, and the proper DNA transfer from one location to the next is a focal point of the FWCN. Without ensuring that each location Pastor has the DNA and understanding of who we are, what we are called to accomplish, and the means to accomplishment, the vision of what God has mandated us to complete will be put in jeopardy. We understand that those interested in partnering with the FWCN will come from various walks of life, levels of education and ministry experience. Although there is no concrete rule of thumb for how much ministry experience is needed to plant a location or the exact time-frame each individual coming on-board will plant a campus, we do expect to see all of our candidates, so long as learning and development continue, and, through quarterly evaluations see progress and goal accomplishment met, planting anywhere between 12-18 months. Although not concrete, the FWCN sees this time-frame as an opportunity to measure the development of a candidate while exposing them to both the DNA and "inside" of FWC. And, because we are set-up to plant multiple locations at the same time, this provides opportunities for several individuals and/or couples to plant simultaneously.
While serving under one of our current FWCN locations, you will be asked to sow a minimum of 10 hours each week including service and event opportunities. We understand and remain flexible to work schedules and opportunities that arise, at the same time, recognize the time frame of weekly ministry imperative to the development and preparation for a campus plant.
Please contact and send your resume' to email@example.com