This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Christ's Church of the Valley
Bakersfield, California, United States
Date Posted: 03/08/2012
Categories: Associate Pastor - Youth Pastor
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description for Student Minister
Christ's Church of the Valley, Bakersfield, CA
To work with the staff of Christ's Church of the Valley (CCV) in the process of evangelizing and discipling Middle School, High School and College students in the Bakersfield area, training and equipping students and adults to do the same.
Responsible to: Michael Foutz, Senior Minister
Salary Range: $30,000 to $45,000 (plus benefits)
- Four (4) year degree (Bachelor's), preferably from a Bible College with a ministry focus
- Two (2) years experience ministering to Middle School and High School students
- Extensive camp/youth retreat experience
- Committed membership at CCV.
- Continue seeking a closer personal walk with God through prayer, personal study and quiet times.
- Strive to set an example consistent with the message being preached.
- Be a spiritual leader to your family
Oversee and coordinate programming for Middle School, High School and College.
- Sunday education classes and worship experiences
- Mid-week small groups, education classes and/or worship experiences
- Special events:
- - - Place special events on calendar at strategic times
- - - Oversee planning of special events
- - - Publicity and promotion: adequately promote upcoming events
- Annual trips and retreats
- - - Summer conferences/camps
- - - Retreats spring/winter
- - - Attend youth conventions
- - - International mission trips
Train and equip workers
- Student leaders - encourage students to rise to leadership positions through:
- - - Vision
- - - Student internships
- Adult leaders
- - - Recruit new leaders
- - - Work with Senior Minister to provide training for volunteers
- - - Encourage them. Be a pastor to them.
- Build relationships with students
- - - Attend school activities
- - - Allow teens to share in your family
- Counsel students and parents, as needed
- Hospital calls, as needed
- Attend and/or perform weddings and funerals
- Be involved in worship services, as necessary
- Be involved in all-church functions, as necessary
Christ's Church of the Valley: Who we are ...
Located on the west side of Bakersfield, at the south end of California's San Joaquin Valley, Christ's Church of the Valley (CCV) exists to equip our community with a Christ-centered world view, loving God and our fellow man. We embrace the church described in Acts 2:42-47 and endeavor by preaching, teaching and example, to influence this world for God. Simply put, our vision is, "Everyone gives; everyone serves!"
Approximately 110 miles north of Los Angeles, California, Bakersfield is home to over 345,000 people with 800,000+ accounted for in the greater Bakersfield Metropolitan area (this latter number making Bakersfield the 63rd largest metropolitan area in the country). Over 30,000 students are enrolled in Bakersfield's fifteen (15) public and three (3) private High Schools. Bakersfield is also home to Bakersfield Community College (18,000+ enrollment) and California State University, Bakersfield (7,000+ enrollment). CCV evangelizes and ministers all across the broad spectrum of these students: from Middle School students growing toward their own High School experience, through High School and College students having their initial, independent journeys into the world outside their homes.