This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Audio Director / Systems
Billings, Montana, United States
Date Posted: 02/28/2012
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
Reporting to the Tech Arts Director, the Audio Director/Systems position will provide leadership in the
oversight, execution and management of all audio and systems needs primarily to the Heights campus
including the weekend experience as well as providing support to our other Harvest campuses.
• Model qualities of a Christ follower who loves God and loves people.
• Emotionally healthy and self-aware
• “Bleeds” the vision and DNA of Harvest Church
• Actively tithes 10% of income to Harvest Church
• Can influence relationally, not just positionally
• Have a viewpoint that sees this role as a ministry over a job
• Be flexible and have the ability to multi-task
• Enjoys collaborative teamwork
• Receptive to change
• Provide FOH audio support to the weekend worship experience at the Heights campus
• Oversight to audio production / system integration to remote campuses including the live mix
process for weekend experience video content going out to our remote campuses (Lockwood,
Cody and Plentywood)
• Maintenance and upgrades for all audio production equipment at Heights campus in coordination
with the Technical Director
• Provide audio support to outside Harvest events
• Assist Worship Arts Pastor in providing post weekend mixes (via ProTools) for vocals and band
• Provide oversight in the preparation and uploading of our weekend worship audio podcasts to
the Harvest website; Give leadership to the media ministry of Harvest (CD duplication process)
• Attend weekly meetings as needed (Worship Arts Staff & All-Staff)
• Assist Tech Arts Director with staging needs (stage audio layout, set design, etc)
• Aggressively learn best practices and new methods of audio production and related technology
• Build a “network” of relationships with others in same or related profession for continued
education and growth
• Effectively communicate with staff, ministry leaders and volunteers
• Coordinate all regular reoccurring audio projects (weekend ProTools mix) and others as needed
• Build and train teams utilizing volunteers
• Experience in mixing on digital platforms in both live and post environments
• Competent in Pro Tools or related software
• Familiarity with posting digital audio (podcasts) online and associated file formats
• Develop and oversee an effective and efficient storage infrastructure for current and archived
• Develop and implement a standard protocol timeline and process for other ministries to use for
any audio project requests.
• Implement simple, relational plan for the training of audio production volunteers as needed
• Create, refine and maintain a distribution process of audio content (as needed) to all campuses.
• Attend our weekly Worship Arts staff meeting and monthly All-Staff meeting
• Maintain one-on-one meetings with the Tech Arts Director (as needed) for open communication
on weekly workflow.
OTHER CAMPUSES & DEPARTMENTS
• Serve as a audio resource to other campuses and departments in their efforts to ensure
excellence in the weekend worship environment.
• Create, refine and maintain a distribution process of audio content to all campuses.
Formal education is not a predetermining factor for the selection of the Audio Director / Systems
position. However, it is likely that they will hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or
university. A degree in audio production is preferred, but not required.
RESUME & PROJECT AUDIO SAMPLES
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also provide any project audio (mixes)
samples of your work by either providing web links and emailing to email@example.com or by
mailing a CD to:
c/o Mike Gerrells
1235 W. Wicks Lane
Billings, MT 59105