This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Chief Church Relations Officer
Arrow Child & Family Ministries
Spring, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 02/27/2012
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
The Chief Church Relations Officer is responsible for advancing the mission and vision of Arrow Child & Family Ministries in churches nationwide by creating Christian foster care/adoption ministries within these churches to recruit and support foster/adoptive parents for abused and neglected children. All duties are performed in conjunction with ministry relation staff, church leaders, and/or volunteers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
• This senior level position facilitates the identification, networking, and development of church partnerships for the implementation of church-centered ministries to address the child welfare crisis and needs in local jurisdictions.
• Develops, extends, and enlarges national strategy and campaign to advance the mission of Arrow Child & Family Ministries through social entrepreneurship strategies with partners who will advance causes and needs related to children.
• Engage in organizational development within the Church, encouraging change that would address the needs of the children, medically, socially, developmentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
• Responsible for building partnerships with large churches and small community church organizations to fulfill the churches role as demanded in Isaiah 1v17; Psalms 82v3 & James 1v27.
• Oversee National strategy for foster care/adoption ministries by working with CCA Staff and consulting with church leaders for strategy and counsel.
• Develop models for collaboration to advance ministry with the citizen sector and the Church.
• Assess programmatic needs and incorporate into ministry strategies.
• Develop prayer and financial support for Arrow Child & Family Ministries.
• Evaluate ministry relation initiatives relating to the advancement of the national strategy and make changes as necessary.
• Assist in coordination of special events.
Directly supervises Church and Community Alliance Staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Arrow’s policies, regulatory agencies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees and volunteers; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.