This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Central Christian Church
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Date Posted: 02/27/2012
Categories: College Pastor
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: over 10000
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Title: College Pastor/Director
Team: Family Team
Reports To: Family Pastor
Position Summary: Lead College Ministry on Mesa and Gilbert Campuses through Bible studies, Life Groups, service opportunities, and events.
• Leading, recruiting, and developing Servant Minister Leadership for College Ministry.
o Oversee all recruiting and training including all paperwork and interviews
o Oversee scheduling of servant ministers for all programming related to ministry.
o Provide useful feedback to servant ministers as to how they performed duties related to their role in service/programming.
• Perform duties as lead teacher/communicator for College Ministry.
• Develop overall program for College Ministry.
o Outreach, serving, and community building events.
o Strategic focus (connection to church’s vision and direction)
o Ministry focus (Student ministries vision and direction)
• Develop and Lead college community building events
o Global and Local outreach
o Service events
o Camps and retreats
• Support vision and direction of Central Christian Church and Family Ministries.
o Provide quality weekend and mid-week programming
o Curriculum development and Student Worship Team oversight
o Connect with Central in outreach programming, camps, events, special events, baptism weekend, and service projects
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Must have 2 years ministry experience.
• Bible degree is preferred.
• Interpersonal communication skills and the ability to organize and respond promptly to diverse and multiple priorities and requests are essential.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
• This position requires both office and fieldwork.
• This means that there can be strenuous physical requirements as demands of camps and events may dictate.
• This also means that there can be extended amounts of sitting, as office work must be performed.