This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
New Church Planting Pastor
Eden Prairie, Minnesota, United States
Date Posted: 06/09/2012
Categories: Church Planter
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
New Church Pastor
Wooddale Church, a large, outreaching evangelical church located in a growing Minneapolis suburb is seeking a New Church Pastor to plant a new daughter church in or near the greater Twin Cities region, and serve as its pastor. Applicants should possess a proven track record of at least five years of pastoral ministry experience including preaching, leadership and a commitment to evangelism. Capabilities should also include equipping and mobilizing the church for outreach and evangelism. Commitment to the vision, values, strategies and contemporary style of Wooddale Church is essential. Baccalaureate and divinity degrees required. Interested applicants should send resumes, references and philosophy of ministry to: Wooddale Church, 6630 Shady Oak Road, Eden Prairie, Minnesota 55344, Attention: New Church Pastor Search; or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information about the position is available at www.wooddale.org.
J O B O U T L I N E
New Church Planting Pastor
1. Bachelor’s degree and divinity degree required.
2. Five years experience in pastoral ministry with experience in preaching and leadership. Experience in and/or aptitude for church planting.
3. Ability to design and carry out the planting of a new church.
Ability to articulate a philosophy and strategy for church planting.
Ability to practice and model evangelism.
Ability to function well as a pastor.
4. Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Wooddale Church.
5. Be a regular participant in public worship at Wooddale Church.
6. Remain a member in good standing of Wooddale Church.
The New Church Pastor is responsible for providing direction and impetus in the planting of a new Wooddale daughter church in or near the greater Twin Cities region, as well as serving as this church’s pastor. This includes leadership, preaching, equipping and evangelism, as well as teaching church planting strategies to others.
1. Initiate the planting of a new church, and serve as its pastor.
2. Inculcate the vision, values, strategies and contemporary style of Wooddale Church into the structure and life of the new church.
3. Recruit and train lay people to provide leadership in starting the new church.
4. Mobilize attendees for outreach and evangelism, and develop the church’s programs from an outreach perspective.
5. Participate in Wooddale Church pastoral staff meetings and other pastoral staff duties as assigned until the new church is established and such participation is no longer deemed necessary.
1. Reports to the Wooddale Church Executive Pastor- Program Ministry.
2. Relates to the Senior Pastor of Wooddale Church and the Leadership Team of the new church.
3. Coordinates with other members of the Wooddale Church staff.
4. Supervises support staff of the new church.