This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director/Pastor of Deployment
Central Community Church
Wichita, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 02/24/2012
Categories: Missions Pastor - Outreach
Denominations: Church of God -- Anderson
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Deployment Ministry Objective & Mission:
To execute the mission of Central Community Church: changing lives, turning uncommitted people into fully developed followers of Christ. The strategy to accomplish this mission is simple: Draw people to discover Christ, Develop our faith and purpose in Christ, and Deploy to make a difference for Christ. This role leads the effort on the third part of the strategy: Deploy. This Pastor or Director’s role is to lead the third part of the strategy regarding deployment: provide leadership so that the church has an abundance of well-organized opportunities to serve each other, the community, and the world in Jesus’ Name.
Pastor/Director of Deployment qualifications and requirements for success:
The Pastor/Director should:
• Have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate, growing, personal relationship with Him
• Hold a bachelor’s degree preferably in Ministry or equivalent experience.
• Be gifted in teaching, wisdom, and discernment.
• Be a self-starter with drive, passion and initiative
• Be teachable and willing to be held accountable
• Regularly and aggressively pursues personal, spiritual, & professional growth.
• Have a strong sense God’s leadership.
• Be a team player with a positive attitude seeking to continuously improve the Development ministries’ structure and
The Pastor/Director will achieve success when the following conditions exist:
• Each of the following ministry areas have a vision and operational philosophy consistent with the mission and vision of
Central Community Church:
o Missions – both global and local
o First Impressions (which includes Café Central)
• Visitors to Central Community Church feel welcomed and want to come back.
• The vision and philosophy of Assimilation has been developed, communicated, and implemented throughout all
volunteer staffed ministries and coordinated with the Development ministries of CCC.
• The High Impact Model for Volunteer Management (Newell) has been communicated in training to each ministry leader
so that the concepts and processes are implemented successfully in each ministry area.
• Each volunteer understands the spiritual, eternal, and organizational impact of his/her role no matter how seemingly
small it may be.
• Each volunteer ministry is focused on the godly success of each volunteer.
• Other duties, as assigned by the Executive and/or Senior Pastor, such as visitation, funerals, and weddings (if this role is
held by a pastor) are done with excellence and in glory to God.