Director of Worship and Creative Arts
Valley Bible Fellowship Of Las Vegas (VBF) has an opening this coming June for an energetic and passionate director of worship and creative arts, who is able to live out the vision God has given VBF; to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
We are a non-denominational, casual, flip-flop wearing crowd that likes to have fun and laugh in church. We welcome people from all walks of life to join us on our journey. We believe and identify with the practices, lifestyle, and the doctrines of the early church. We hope, pray, and believe that as the early members of the church touched their world for Jesus Christ, so can we. VBF places a high emphasis on outreach. Some of our outreach ministries are labeled by some as being radical or “out of the box”. For example, each year we set up a booth inside the Las Vegas Adult Entertainment Expo where we give away books, dvds, waters, and popcorn. The best thing of all with this outreach is we get to pray with tons of people that walk through the expo. We also have ministries to the homeless and at-risk kids in the poor areas of our community. In addition to the outreach we do within our city, we also have global outreach to Zambia, Africa where we have partnered with a local pastor to help educate, feed, and disciple over 500 children. We send a team to Zambia every year to have crusades and services throughout the country.
VBF Of Las Vegas is a young, growing church with a weekly attendance of 1500 people. We began our Las Vegas campus in 2002 as a church plant from VBF Of Bakersfield in California that has a weekly attendance of over 10,000 people and has been featured in Outreach Magazine as one of the fastest growing churches in America. Both campuses are still very connected. Teaching Pastors and Worship Bands will even occasionally swap campuses on Sundays.
VBF Vegas Website: www.vbfvegas.org
VBF’s Vision of Worship & Creative Arts:
Worship is how we connect with God and with each other as a community. It helps us realize God's vision for His creation. Worship gives us an opportunity to learn, dig deeper, and experience Christ, as we wrestle and explore the difficult questions of life and faith. Worship at VBF is comprised of music that leaves us empowered and inspired to give love to a world that desperately needs it.
Creative Arts is a way of describing how we, as a church, create an atmosphere in our gatherings that draw people closer to God. We use music, lighting, visual images through projectors, videos, and stage designs to create this atmosphere.
· Completely oversee the Worship and A/V ministries for all services and special events, including equipment
· Lead worship on Sunday morning and Wednesday Night gatherings
· Recruit and maintain a worship team with a high standard of musical excellence and stage presence
· Serve pre-approved hours at the church through a clocking in/out system for accountability
· Facilitate worship set-up, pre-worship gathering, and after-worship breakdown
· Oversee the production and usage of video segments in the services
· Act as a liaison between the larger VBF community and the Worship Team, Worship Band and Media Team
· Conduct monthly get-togethers with worship and creative arts team members to encourage, equip, and empower them
· Coordinate schedules for band rehearsal, worship team meetings, and band members’ participation in weekly worship
· Construct an appropriate set of music for worship, connect selections to weekly theme, and transcribe/transpose music as needed
· Recruit and mentor volunteer band members as appropriate
· Lead Worship Team
· Lead regular band rehearsal
· Communicate and collaborate regularly with pastor about all aspects of worship in order to create a cohesive weekly worship experience
· Consult and coordinate weekly with staff, and media team members as needed
· Proficiency in one or more instruments; keyboard or guitar preferred
· Music degree preferred but not necessary
· Experience leading worship
· Experience in recruiting volunteers in all areas of the Worship and Creative Arts ministry
· Strong vocal and stage presence
· Ability to film, edit, and format videos for use in the service
· Strong understanding of software programs such as pro-presentor and final-cut pro
· The ability to communicate and manage teams consisting of a broad age range across different demographics
· Well-developed organizational skills
· Theology of worship consistent with VBF
· Strong communication and public speaking skills
· Desire to be an active part of the vision God has given VBF
· Knowledge of sound systems (mixers, compressors, etc.) and how they should be operated
· A consistent and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
· A fully supportive spouse (if married)
Characteristics of a Successful Candidate:
· Willingness to learn, grow, and be flexible
· Embody servant leadership and humility
· Able to work well individually and in a team setting
· Reliability and consistent follow-through
· Maintain a sense of humor
· A Relationship with Christ that displays the Fruit of the Spirit in his/her personal life
This is a full-time position
NOTE: OUR PREFERENCE IS TO HIRE FROM THE WEST COAST. ONLY THOSE RESUMES SUBMITTED WITH A VIDEO SHOWING THE CANDIDATES OPENING AND LEADING A LIVE WORSHIP WILL BE REVIEWED.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, three references and video sample of you leading worship or demonstrating musical ability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Samples may be sent as a link in the e-mail or may be mailed as a DVD to:
Valley Bible Fellowship Of Las Vegas
Attn: Tara Crews
4500 West Sahara Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89102
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
- San Diego, California
- September 26
Worship LeaderFaith Community Christian Reformed Church
- Wyckoff, New Jersey
- September 26
Worship DirectorCornwall Church
- Mount Vernon, Washington
- September 26
Multi-media ManagerWest End United Methodist Church
- Nashville, Tennessee
- September 26
Student and Children's Worship PastorGrace Point Church
- Bentonville, Arkansas
- September 24
Valley Bible Fellowship of Las Vegas
VBF Las Vegas was started in 2002 as a church plant of Valley Bible Fellowship in Bakersfield, California. Pastor Ron Vietti felt God tugging on his heart to begin a new church in another city. After driving for two days searching for the city God was leading him to, Ron and his wife, Debbie, decided to rest, and they checked into a hotel in Las Vegas. It was there at this hotel that God began showing Ron and Debbie the vision for beginning the church in Las Vegas. Without knowing anyone in the Las Vegas area, VBF Las Vegas was started.  More...