Bethel Church is currently seeking a full time Director of Connections. This person will lead all efforts to shepherd people into the body life of the church—from their first time visit to their first small group (first to first).
Bethel is a growing, non-denominational, evangelical church that is striving to exalt Jesus Christ through expository preaching, God-saturated worship, loving community, and gospel outreach. We are 45 minutes south of downtown Chicago in Northwest Indiana. Our services run 2500 people in one Saturday and two Sunday morning services. Visit www.bethelweb.org for more information about the church.
1. Model personal friendliness and hospitality. Constantly strive to identify unconnected people and inter-act with newcomers.
2. Develop and oversee systems of assimilation.*** Some of these include: Methods to identify newcomers and collect their personal data Follow-up efforts with first-time guests Membership application and interview processes Small group sign-up and connection processes Proactive outreach to regular attendees who are unconnected Processes for people to sign-up for volunteer ministry roles
*** As these systems are developed and refined, more time will be allocated to other responsibilities below, particularly #5.
3. Develop and lead assimilation-purposed events, which may include newcomers luncheons (currently entitled ?Taste of Bethel?), special ministry fairs, gatherings for newcomers in the homes of senior
leadership, etc. Ensure that these events are scheduled on a regular basis and adequately promoted and staffed Act as hosts/emcees for these events, or designate others to do so Recruit, equip, and lead a team of volunteers to provide logistics (food, set-up, tear down, etc.) Recruit attendees and follow-up with those who participate
4. Develop and lead more in-depth ministry/class that advances the five goals listed above. Currently this is accomplished through a series of classes entitled ?Connection Point?. Ensure that this ministry/class is scheduled on a regular basis and adequately promoted and staffed Act as host/emcee for this ministry/class, or designate others to do so Teach some of the material presented in this ministry/class Recruit, equip, and lead a team of volunteers to provide logistics (food, set-up, tear down, etc.) Recruit attendees and follow-up with those who participate
5. Assist the Pastor of Small Groups in shepherding the Small Group Ministry. Provide oversight and care to a number of small group leaders Help in the identification and recruitment of new small group leaders Personally introduce prospective small group members to prospective small group leaders Ensure that small group leaders reach out to people connected with their small group Follow-up with people connected in small groups to ensure a good ?fit? Help develop new ways to improve the assimilation and shepherding success of the Small Group Ministry
6. Work with the Database Administrator to maximize Bethel’s church database use and usefulness –
particularly in areas of assimilation and church involvement tracking.
7. Lead and encourage the Hospitality Coordinator in accomplishing his/her designated ministry
responsibilities. Work with this person to ensure that weekend hospitality ministries (primarily greeters and information desk workers) are successfully identifying newcomers and encouraging them towards greater involvement.
8. Constantly evaluate the effectiveness of assimilation ministries by tracking important statistics. Some examples of these include: Numbers of new members, baptisms, giving units, etc. Percentage of people who complete Connection Point and become members Number of people presently connected in small groups and serving in a ministry Percentage success of small group connections
9. Be a student of connection ministries. Investigate new ways of doing this type of ministry, and regularly suggest refinements/changes to Bethel’s connection strategy.
10. When needed, help with general church ministry duties. Some examples of these may include: Participate in weekend services (by giving announcements, prayers, etc.) Provide pastoral care and counseling Assist with hospital visitations and benevolence needs
Other responsibilities may be added as new ministry needs arise and personal gifting develops
Character and spiritual qualities of a church elder
Relational, outgoing, and very good with people
High capacity to remember faces and names
Strong administrative skills
Good at developing and refining ministry systems
Ability to manage and equip teams of people
Experienced in small group leadership
Proficiency in teaching, counseling, and discipleship
Self-motivated and able to take a task or project through to completion
Strong at multi-tasking, time management, and prioritizing
Proven ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality regarding church information
Committed to teamwork with the leadership, staff and congregation of Bethel Church
A stable, mature and growing Christian with an exemplary personal, marital and family life (if applicable)
In agreement with Bethel Church’s doctrine and philosophy of ministry
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Church of Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg, Virginia
- December 5
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Covenant Church
- Olympia, Washington
- December 2
Director of Teen MinistryLutheran Church of the Resurre
- Granite Bay, California
- December 2
Bethel is a multicampus church that believes that all of life is about Jesus Christ and his glory. We want to be a church that reaches the community of Northwest Indiana with the gospel and makes much of the name of Jesus. More...