To pastor middle & senior high school students, and mobilize the entire body of believers around the call of the Great Commission.POSITION:
A full-time associate, salaried position, based upon the growing needs of youth and outreach ministries. This position is to focus roughly 3/4 time on youth, and 1/4 time on outreach and will report to the lead pastor.GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains a growing relationship with God through personal Bible study and prayer.
• Seeks opportunities to improve skills to grow in the pertinent fields of ministry.
• Participates in the life of the church, including corporate worship and major church activities.
• Assists in development and oversight of the pertinent ministry budgets.
• Meets weekly with Grace Staff and is a team player in serving the church body.
• Collaborates with area pastors on a regular basis for encouragement, support and idea sharing.
• Accepts occasional pastoral duties assigned by the Lead Pastor as need arises.
• Holds membership in the church and establishes/maintains membership in good standing with the Covenant Ministerium of the Evangelical Covenant Church
• Provides pastoral care, spiritual direction and a safe, secure environment for the youth.
• Develops relationships with high school and middle school students within Grace’s youth ministry.
• Fosters relationships with youth in the community to fulfill the vision of Grace.
• Recruits, equips and works with volunteers and student leaders to develop goals for building & maintaining healthy Christ-focused ministries, spending time mentoring and helping spiritually and practically develop the volunteer leadership team.
• Casts youth ministry vision to greater congregation in order to develop a team of volunteers.
• Encourages volunteer staff regularly with communication regarding program goals and helps to develop leadership skills within the group.
• Consistently provides engaging activities for youth that build authentic community, encourages discipleship, and equips students for evangelism, outreach and service within Grace, our community, and our world.
• Oversees relevant, Bible-based teaching for Sunday morning, mid-week youth ministries and other youth activities.
• Builds relationships and maintains consistent communication with parents of youth.
• Educates parents on both apologetic and cultural issues facing youth.OUTREACH RESPONSIBILITIES
• Works with adult and youth outreach leaders already in place to provide encouragement, oversight and support as they lead Grace in ministry opportunities locally and globally.
• Evaluates the health and effectiveness of current outreach ministries and explores possible new partnerships in order to develop an effective, long-term evangelistic and outreach strategy at Grace.
• Casts vision and identifies new volunteers to help continue to grow outreach ministries at Grace.QUALIFICATIONS
• Is a mature and growing Christian leader with good moral character and integrity, as set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
• Senses a clear call to youth ministry and love for the church.
• Has good organizational and administrative skills.
• Is adept in written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Has a strong knowledge of God’s Word with the ability to teach in a way that is creative and relevant.
• Has proven ability to recruit and build teams, including the development of adult and youth lay leaders.
• Has proven ability to develop and implement strategy and is self motivated.
• Understands adolescent development and current youth culture trends.
• Understands how to mobilize other believers around the call of the Great Commission (prior local/global outreach experience preferred).
• Has an undergraduate degree with a minimum of three years of leadership experience in youth ministry or related field (seminary degree preferred).
• Passes state and federal fingerprint clearance and background checks.BENEFITS
• Pastoral Wellness Team is provided for additional encouragement and support.
• Frequent job performance reviews will be held, including an annual comprehensive self-evaluation and appropriate goal setting to help continue moving the ministries forward.
• A continuing educational fund is available.
• Health, prescription, dental and vision insurance is part of the benefit package, as well as life insurance benefits.
• Relocation assistance will be provided.GRACE’S MISSION: Love God (Know), Follow Christ (Grow), Make a Kingdom Difference (Go)
GRACE’S VISION: Imagine an authentic community where people are becoming fully devoted followers of Christ, taking His love to Tucson and the world!DOWNLOAD JOB ANNOUNCEMENT PDFPLEASE SEND ALL RESUMES AND INQUIRIES TO: YPST@GRACETUCSON.ORG