About Scottsdale Bible Church:
Our church is growing and expanding. As listed in Outreach Magazine, we are the 90th largest church in the nation. We have just begun the process of a full HD upgrade in our 2,000 seat worship center and will be launching a multi-site campus in 2012. We have five Sunday services with varying styles of worship, from classic to contemporary/progressive.
About our Media Team:
Our current full time media team consists of: media director, video engineer, audio engineer, graphics designer, web administrator, AVL producer, lighting designer, production assistant and volunteer coordinator. We also have part-time and intern support. We are currently renewing our focus on building our volunteer base and team.
Level of Work we are Seeking:
These examples are meant be guides on the quality of work we are seeking in the ideal candidate to join our team. If your experience/portfolio does not align, please recognize that we will be unable to consider you as a candidate.
PLEASE PLAN TO SEND US A LINK TO REVIEW YOUR PORTFOLIO
About the Position of Video Producer & Editor:
We are looking to expand our team with a person who knows his/her stuff (“stuff” is defined below) video producer & editor. This person must be able to take a concept and run with it until completion. We are looking for someone who is flexible, has the ability to work in a fast turnaround environment and a commitment for excellence in everything they do. As you can see from our team listed above, we have specialists in almost every discipline of the Media/Tech department. This person must be able to produce at least 2 videos per week.
Various Responsibilities that would/could be requested:
• Video shooting, capture and editing of various video shoots
• Editing, editing, editing…did we say editing…
• Directing actors and extras
• Building, training and recruiting media/production volunteers
• Setting up and troubleshooting equipment
• Creation of DVD menus and authoring
• Compression of videos for various formats including, DVD, web and mobile devices
• Archiving and organizing all archive footage and source documents
• Setting up unique video sets for different looks / location scouting
• Supporting other ministries/departments with video expertise
• Provide repair and ensure regular maintenance on campus-wide video equipment
• System diagnostics/repair/troubleshooting
• Training and mentoring volunteers and interns General media clean up and maintenance
• Other various tasks not defined on a Job description.
• Expert in Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier or Avid
• Expert in capturing audio for video
• Expert in white balancing a camera
• Expert in color correction of multiple different cameras
• Passion for video editing and story telling
• Willing to pull an all nighter to get the job done- when necessary
• Understanding of motion graphics
• Must be a team player and volunteer enabler
• Passionate for excellence in a fast paced environment
• Must be passionate for learning new techniques
• Passion for learning and perfecting your craft
• Passion for continuing education
• Passion for mentoring the next generation of media volunteers and professionals
Don’t apply for this job if you do not:
• Have an awesome portfolio. (don’t just send a resume, I need a reel, if you are sending a reel tell me what your responsibilities were on each project)
• Have a love for God’s word and a passion to reach the lost through media
• Have a passion for recruiting and training volunteers
• Have flexibility in your schedule
• Know the difference between 32k and 56k, (and I’m not talking about money here)
• Know what the word anamorphic means (if you go and google that stop reading now)
• Know the difference between progressive and interlace video
• Handle constructive criticism and team collaboration well.
• Know what a RED One is.
• Put the phrase “I’m pumped” in subject field of your resume email. (just want to see if you read details)
• See a difference in HD vs. SD IMAG
• Know what IMAG means
• Know what GenLock is
• Respect the differences between MAC and PC.
• Know the rule of 3rd’s
• Understand 3 point lighting.
• Know what “50 mm f/1.4” is and means
Want to make films for Jesus. Are you called to it? If yes. Apply today.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Audio Visual ArtsManchester United Methodist Church
- Manchester, Missouri
- October 24
Campus ProducerScottsdale Bible Church
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- October 24
Lighting DirectorParkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- October 24
Media DirectorNorthshore Christian Church
- Everett, Washington
- October 20
Technical DirectorSlingshot Group
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- October 19
Scottsdale Bible Church
Scottsdale Bible is place to experience God, a place to connect with others, and a place to learn and grow. With multiple worship services, vibrant children’s and student ministries, and a wide variety of resources, we are striving to create a community of Christ-followers marked by unwavering faith and unconditional love. More...