Grace Bible Church of Barrington, NJ is seeking a full-time Teaching Pastor. The man we are looking for will be gifted in communicating the timeless truth of God’s Word to a congregation that is accustomed to strong, heart-focused, Biblical teaching. He will have a strong love for God’s Word and His people and be diligent in his study.
He would be expected to serve as a member of our Elder board which is responsible for overseeing the church. As such, he must meet the Biblical standards of Eldership as laid out in scripture.
In addition to teaching on Sundays, the Teaching Pastor will be responsible for, but not necessarily limited to the following:
• General oversight of day-to-day church functions
• Participation in body life activities (weddings/funerals/visitation)
• Involvement in counseling opportunities, as needed (Pre-marital/family/personal)
• Development of other lay teachers within the church
• Teaching in other settings as may be needed (Bible Studies, etc.)
Grace Bible Church is a non-denominational, Bible-believing community intent on making disciples. We actively seek to help individuals discover Christ, love one another, and serve in such a way that others are brought into the discipleship process. We actively participate in world missions. We have an established small group ministry. We enjoy cross-generational worship with a blended worship style. We see typical weekly attendance ranging between 200-300 people.
• Significant preaching experience in a congregational setting. (5-10 years
• Spiritually gifted in the areas of teaching, leadership and evangelism.
• Practical ability to lead, empower and guide others.
• Skilled and vibrant communicator.
• Skilled with interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibits a heart for evangelism and a deep desire to reach the lost for Christ.
• Ability to articulate clear vision.
• Have a desire to help implement Grace Bible Church’s mission and vision.
• Willingness to work as part of a team.
• Commitment to personal accountability.
Candidate must fully agree with GBC’s doctrinal statement.
A Master of Divinity degree or higher is preferred. Ordination strongly recommended.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits included.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please do the following:
1. Review the attached job description in detail, ensuring you meet the minimum qualifications.
2. Submit a COVER LETTER, RESUME, and TEACHING SAMPLE to: email@example.com
a. Cover letter should not be more than one page.
b. Please include in your cover letter how you heard about the position. If you were referred, please indicate who referred you.
c. Please only submit one sample of a sermon or lesson delivered to a large group. As we are requesting a single sample, please choose the best representation of your teaching.
d. Samples submitted in a digital formal (i.e. Links of videos, clips, YouTube postings, podcasts, etc.) are strongly preferred over a CD or DVD mailed in.
e. Video is strongly encouraged.
Once your application has been received, you may be contacted for a phone or in-person interview. Because we anticipate a large response for this position, we will only be responding to those who meet all the qualifications of our posting, display a compelling teaching style, and are a fit with the culture at Grace Bible Church.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Lead PastorEvana Network
- Goshen, Indiana
- January 16
Student PastorM1 Church
- McLeansboro, Illinois
- January 16
Southwest Church - Senior PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Indian Wells, California
- January 13
Senior PastorImpact Community Church
- Rock Hill, South Carolina
- January 13
JupiterFIRST Church - Senior MinisterVanderbloemen Search Group
- Jupiter, Florida
- January 13
Grace Bible Church
Grace Bible Church is a non-denominational, Bible-believing community intent on making disciples. We actively seek to help individuals discover Christ, love one another, and serve in such a way that others are brought into the discipleship process. We actively participate in world missions. We have an established small group ministry. We enjoy cross-generational worship with a blended worship style. We see typical weekly attendance ranging between 200-300 people. More...