This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Family Ministry Director
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 02/20/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor - Family Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
The Gathering is a multi-site church that exists to create a Christian community that is compelling for new generations in St. Louis. We are currently seeking a full-time Family Ministry Director who strives to provide excellent ministry for children, youth, and families. Are you interested in joining a growing, multi-site church committed to innovative and life-changing ministry? Are you passionate about growing the faith of children and creating a ministry that is inviting to new families? Can you develop leaders who are also passionate about providing exceptional ministry to children, youth, and families? Can you think strategically about an area of ministry, evaluating its effectiveness and envisioning its potential? Will you thrive in a dynamic and creative environment that is constantly trying to serve God in greater and more meaningful ways? This full-time Family Ministry Director will have the following responsibilities:
MINISTRY WITH KIDS, YOUTH & FAMILIES
- Is capable of managing the entire ministry, including development of a vision, strategic direction, goal-setting, budgeting, management of staff and volunteers, and implementation of effective ministry.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience running ministry for children.
- Is comfortable and knowledgeable with different models of ministry for children and strives to provide ministry that is Christ-centered and dynamic.
- Is capable of providing strategic oversight of ministry with youth, including supervision of part-time Youth Ministry Coordinator.
- Is able to create intentional opportunities to invite new families to participate in the ministries of the church.
- Is able to create intentional opportunities for families to grow together in faith.
- Is committed to developing meaningful relationships with parents and potential leaders.
- Is able to think strategically about the goals, benchmarks, and best practices for ministry.
- Is willing to receive constructive feedback and is constantly cultivating a teachable spirit.
- Is capable of providing effective management of multiple part-time staff.
- Is able to recruit, equip, and support adult leaders and other volunteers.
- Is dedicated to learning and trying out new and innovative ways to do ministry.
- Is comfortable collaborating with other staff to provide effective kid’s ministry at multiple locations at the same time.
- Must be personally growing in a relationship with Christ and able to lead others in that same journey.
- Must be committed to our vision of creating a Christian community that is compelling to new generations of people in St. Louis.
- Is comfortable and committed to the theology, polity, and practices of The United Methodist Church.
Want to join us? Check us out at gatheringnow.org and send your resume