This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Community Life
Centreville Baptist Church
Centreville, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 02/14/2012
Categories: Other Pastor - Small Group Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
The pastor of community life will be responsible for building a group infrastructure within the church body that connects adults of all ages and at all stages of their spiritual formation. These groups will promote Biblical community through Biblical teaching, group connection and care and outreach to the community. This individual will provide leadership and support to all groups and connecting ministries of CBC, including casting vision and setting strategy for community life. The pastor of community life will also oversee the other age and gender-related ministries of our church.
• The main priority of this position is to develop a foundational midsize group infrastructure that works to incorporate existing groups and launch new groups, that makes the best use of facilities and resources.
• Coach groups to be intentionally holistic to maintain application-based teaching, intentional care and fellowship, and regular outreach opportunities for service and evangelism.
• Work with teachers and elders to provide scope and sequence of Biblical teachings
• Work closely with Pastor of Congregational Care and Pastor of Outreach in the planning and organizing of community groups..
• Inspires, equips, and empowers, volunteer leaders, teachers and leadership teams.
• Cast vision, expand and improve processes for integrating people into groups.
• Strategically offers initial basic training, and ongoing equipping for the development of key leadership and teaching positions.
• Naturally coaches, mentors and disciples others.
• Create a culture of “leader reproduction” for both staff and volunteer leaders, ultimately developing a leadership pipeline that is healthy.
• Offer basic discipleship group experiences for young Christ-Followers and those investigating Christianity and overall, foster a culture of disciple-making through one-on-one and small group environments.
• Provide oversight for the planning, initiation, and execution of the adult ministries budget.
• Regularly meet with staff under his leadership to hold accountable for their stated ministry action plans, and to provide coaching, mentoring and guidance where needed.
• Meet regularly with a peer from outside of CBC for support, counsel, camaraderie, and accountability.
• Increase his knowledge and grow his passions by visiting other churches, consulting experts, attending conferences, and reading industry-leading authors.
• Agreement with CBC’s doctrinal views with instincts that match CBC’s ministry philosophy and a good fit with the overall ministry team.
• Strong theological and doctrinal understanding. Seminary degree preferred
• Proven experience building and leading mid-size groups in a church of 600+ attendees
• Exhibits a spiritual maturity and balance in his personal life that is based on maintaining a private devotional time of study, self-examination, prayer; physical exercise and mentoring, and confirmed by a Spirit-filled walk, godly home life, a love of people, and humility in service to others.
• Possess a broad knowledge related to midsize groups, small groups, discipling, mentoring, assimilation and leadership development.
• A proven team player with demonstrated leadership skills that can coach, direct, inspire, and empower staff and volunteer leadership teams on several different levels.
• A person with the heart of a coach who is more interested in seeing other people have great ministry than he is in others seeing him do great ministry.
Please send resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.