This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's & Family Ministries
Browncroft Community Church
Rochester, New York, United States
Date Posted: 02/13/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor - Family Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Browncroft is an evangelical Church in a suburb of Rochester, NY where our mission is inviting people into a life-changing relationship with Jesus. Sunday morning attendance is 1300 plus 400 children and teens.
The Director of Children’s and Family Ministries is a full-time position that oversees all ministries of BCC that affect the spiritual health and growth of children ages birth-6th grade. Because we believe that the home and church partnering together can make the biggest impact in a child’s life, a special emphasis is placed on engaging and equipping families. This position sits on the Staff Lead Team and reports directly to the Executive Pastor.
• A growing yet mature follower of Christ called to children’s ministry.
• A passion for children and their families…especially as it relates to encouraging life-change in Jesus Christ.
• A natural ability to relate well to both children and their parents.
• Capable of seeing the big picture yet discussing the details.
• A commitment to BCC’s doctrinal statement and vision/mission/core values.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; seminary a plus.
• Five or more years of relevant, full-time work experience (fewer required with seminary degree). At least some of this experience should be as a paid member of a church staff.
• A team-oriented, visionary leader with direct people management experience.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Developed administrative and organizational skills.
• A demonstrated familiarity with the Orange ministry philosophy (whatisOrange.org).
• A strategic thinker that can mobilize and direct large groups of people to accomplish a common goal.
• Oversee all disciple-making activities for children from birth-6th grade (infant/toddler, preschool, early elementary, late elementary, pre-teen, a tuition-based preschool, and event-based childcare).
• Engage and equip families, partnering with parents to help them expand their spiritual influence within their families.
• Lead and direct the activities of various teams comprised of staff and volunteers.
• Set the overall tone and direction for the paid staff, oversee their weekly activities, and develop and shepherd them.
• Recruit, equip, and shepherd the ministry’s volunteers.
• Develop and manage to a yearly ministry plan and budget.
• Stay current with latest trends and methods in Children’s and Family Ministry, bringing the best ideas forward for evaluation.
• Be an active participant in the church’s overall direction and leadership as a member of the Staff Lead Team.