This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Avon United Methodist Church
Canton, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 02/06/2012
Categories: Media/Technology - Worship Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Part-Time
Church of the Lakes United Methodist Church is in the process of developing a new worship gathering for young adults. This worship gathering will occur on Sunday nights and be held in the Church of the Lakes UMC building. We are looking for a worship leader to develop and foster the worship experience for the young adult community.
Hours per week: 15
Renumeration will be based on experience, resume and references.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Lead weekly worship.
• Develop and disciple a worship team for a new young adult worship gathering.
• Coordinate multi-media for the worship gathering.
• Meet with the young adult pastor weekly to develop the themes and patterns for worship.
• Invest within the larger Canton community to develop connections with people outside of the church setting.
• Meet regularly with the leadership team.
• An understanding and practice of the theology of the United Methodist Church.
• A college degree or in the process of obtaining a college degree.
• Experience in leading worship, developing a team and ministry with young adults.
• Appropriate references and background check.
• Experience with a church plant or starting a new worship experience.
• Spiritual depth and maturity.
• Practices regular spiritual disciplines.
• Team player.
• Ability and hunger to connect with people outside of the church community.
• Flexibility and hard work.
If you are interested, please submit your resume, three references and, if possible, a video of you leading worship to firstname.lastname@example.org.