This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Student Ministries
Cypress, California, United States
Date Posted: 02/06/2012
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Cypress City is a hub city in North Orange County surrounded by 11 cities with over one million people within 10 miles of the church. God has allowed Cypress Church to been seen as an important part of this community receiving honors from the City council. Cypress Church is also know as a resource and help for all students as police have asked our staff to participate in school age children task forces. As well Cypress Church has hosted graduations, school meetings, and school events.
There are 15 high schools (some of these schools are the top rated schools in the Orange County and the nation). These 15 high schools represent close to 28,000 students. There are 12 Junior High Schools with just over 11,000 students. Cypress High School is within walking distance of our church and many students walk by our facility everyday to go to school. Most recently a group of high school students have been coming fairly regularly to our gym to play basketball.
The purpose of the Pastor of Student Ministries is to teach, shepherd, and provide hands-on leadership to Junior and Senior High School students, while providing direct oversight of the Student Ministries program. We are seeking a dynamic individual with a passion for youth, who will be compelled to fulfill God’s unique call on our church and the surrounding communities by connecting and reconnecting students to a deeper relationship with God.
1. Love, care for, disciple, pastor and shepherd all Junior and Senior High School students (grades 7-12) from Christ-Less to Christ-Like moving them along the Spiritual Life Development process from Crowd, to Curious, to Convinced, to Committed, to Commissioned.
2. Develop a clear vision and purpose for Student Ministries.
3. Lead Sunday morning teaching and worship for Student Ministries.
4. Lead mid-week small group/discipleship activities held on Tuesday evenings.
5. Strategically plan a calendar of Student Ministry events to provide opportunities for students to be challenged for Christian growth in each of the five Biblical purposes (Worship, Belong, Grow, Serve, and Reach).
6. Recruit, lead, train, and encourage Student Ministry lay and student leaders for the work of the ministry.
7. Regularly communicate to the parents, church staff, \Elders and Trustees.
8. Develop and administer the Student Ministry Budget.
9. Develop on-campus ministries with local Junior and Senior High Schools.
10. Participate in the weekly Pastoral Staff Meeting and other meetings as needed.
11. Coordinate student baptisms.
12. Work in conjunction with the Children’s & College ministries at Cypress Church.
13. Participate and help lead all-church events.
14. Other duties as assigned.
• Agree with and support the doctrine of Cypress Church.
• Ability to program, administer, and shepherd.
• 5+ years of occupational Student Ministry experience.
• BA or equivalent with a preference for Biblical Studies or Ministry.
• Master of Divinity or working on this degree desired.