This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director Of Community Groups/Campus Pastor
Waters Edge Church
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 02/06/2012
Categories: Small Group Pastor - Teaching Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
Waters Edge Church is currently looking for a new team member to join the Executive Management Team in the position of Director of Community Groups / Campus Pastor. If you’re a natural born leader with Pastoral experience and if you would love to be a part of a dynamic, innovative team shaping the future of one of the fastest growing churches in the country, then this position might be for you!
Desired Skills: Are You…
• Passionate about helping people who are far from God know God and experience authentic life change?
• A self-starter able to complete projects with minimum supervision?
• Able to communicate exceptionally well, both verbally and written?
• Extremely adept at managing your time?
• Loyal, dedicated, and able to commit long-term to the vision, strategy, and values of Lead Pastor Stu Hodges and Waters Edge Church?
• Detail-oriented and wired to think through processes and systems?
• A team player, no matter what?
• A person who takes pride in excellence and is always willing to go the extra mile?
• In love with the local church and desire to be a part of making decisions and setting direction for the church as a whole?
Position Expectations: You Will Be…
• Actively involved in the overall leadership, strategy, and direction of the church.
• Working under the leadership of the Lead Pastor to fulfill his vision of Waters Edge Church.
• Responsible for the overall Community Groups strategy for college students and adults.
• Developing Facilitators and Hosts as part of the Community Groups team.
• Writing sermon-based curriculum for use in Community Group discussions.
• Performing pastoral care responsibilities for those who attend your campus.
• The live, on-stage personality at your campus for the pre-show, welcome, and interaction in the lobby.
• Required to work at all weekend worship experiences, all worship experiences on Christmas Eve and Easter, as well as other possible events outside of normal working hours as required by leadership.
• Constantly creating, critiquing, and improving processes and programs.
• Working alongside other fun, vibrant, and creative staff members on our Executive Management Team.
If you’re convinced you’re the right person for the job, we’d love to meet you! Submit your resume to Larry@watersedgechurch.net. No phone calls please. To learn more about us, please visit: www.watersedgechurch.net.